Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : The gadget jacket mini review
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > The gadget jacket mini review Bookmark topic
Page12>

tranquil Posts: > 500

Version 2,5

Pockets, pockets and more pockets!

I got this jacket a couple of days ago. I got to be honest; I was half way expecting a geek jacket making me look like a nerd. I had my doubts to how comfy it would be as well, considering all the pockets and seems inside. I was surprised when I put on. All my worries were proven wrong instantly.
It is very comfortable to wear even with "piles" of gadgets in it. The design makes the "adjust" itself accordingly to how much stuff you put in it. (All to a limit off course...) The Electric Blue colour makes it look really flash as well.
One thing I really like is the fact that the outside pockets are discrete. No massive zips or open seems.

I normally don't carry too much in my pockets. I hate it when you can see pockets hanging and the material struggling because of the weight it carries. Now I can bring all my gadgets at the same time!

I found wiring the jacket up with handsfree and earphones a bit fiddly; the holes and channels are easy enough to find, but finding the wire again inside the jacket... It takes time but when done you really are all wired up and ready to go.
You connect the phone to the cord hidden inside the jacket; no more lose wires hanging around.

All pockets come with a card to give you a tip on what to put in it.
There are so many pockets and the possibilities of what to bring with you is next to endless. I even goy my 15" screen laptop in the big pocket on the back (!) and found a pocket for the power cord as well.

Another thing that always has been annoying me is having to roll up my latest magazine to get it with me home. No more of that! In the front there is a pocket designed just for magazines.

The material is light but still strong enough to take the weight of your gadgets. It's called an all year jacket but that is a bit OTT here in Norway, but when wearing a thick fleece jumper underneath I was very comfy even though it was minus 5c outside.

The sleeves come off easily with a covered zip.

Nifty detail, microphone hooked up in the coller.

Never going to lose my keys ever again.

Sleeves on.

Sleeves off.

Xray vision.

Official SCOTTeVEST site
http://www.scottevest.com/

Read other reviews of the same jacket:
http://www.compukiss.com/populartopics/tech_gadgetshtm/review209.htm
http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/v2.5-scottevest-review.html

The proud owner of a black P800!

PM a moderator if you see something you'd like to have changed.

[ This Message was edited by: tranquil on 2004-02-01 20:47 ]
--
Posted: 2004-02-01 21:28:51
Edit : Quote

Jim Posts: > 500

Heheeee the long waited review nice one btw with all those pics

Man this is crazy lol: http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/30_sport_jacket.shtml

[ This Message was edited by: Jim on 2004-02-01 21:13 ]
--
Posted: 2004-02-01 22:10:59

masseur Posts: > 500

excellent review and its great you can take the sleeves off. it seems they have thought of pretty much everything!
--
Posted: 2004-02-02 12:28:46

energetic Posts: > 500

I really like the laptop and magazines pockets!

Well enjoy your new gadjet jacket!

This is a mini review. We'll be waiting for the maxi review!

--
Posted: 2004-02-02 13:07:17

wireless Posts: 4

I have a Black version 2.5 ScottEVest and I can agree with the OP's review. They are great and handy to have. By having the removeable sleeves makes it a 3 season Jacket, but my version isnt lined so here in the Washington DC area, it stays hanging out in the closet in the winter. They are well built and perform exactly as the ads indicate. While not the cheapest jacket you can buy, certainly not rediculously priced either. Also, if you are of the "Smart Shopper" category watch out for discontinued version sales. Some great deals can be had, and they are run often. I just looked and they have some starting at $50 USD, well worth it if your are a gadget person or traveler.

CLICK HERE FOR SCOTTEVEST DEALS

[ This Message was edited by: wireless on 2004-04-13 01:30 ]
--
Posted: 2004-04-13 02:25:14

masseur Posts: > 500

SCOTTeVest now have a new Solar powered panel which can be attached to their signature jacket, the Version Three.0 Finetex and which is compatible with any USB chargeable device

--
Posted: 2004-09-09 12:38:02

Sammy_boy Posts: > 500

I've gotta get one one those!!

My girlfriend's always complaining about all the stuff I jam into my pockets making the bulge, interesting idea with the laptop pocket at the back. The only thing is, you could make an expensive mistake when you sit back forgetting you have your laptop in that back pocket.... *crunch*

--
Posted: 2004-09-09 13:20:10

welshkid Posts: 23

how much did it cost?
--
Posted: 2004-10-25 19:59:59

EastCoastStar Posts: > 500

holy crap! I would be the only one in USA with one of those!!!! expecially with the solar power panals... that is amazing!
--
Posted: 2004-10-25 20:05:28

tranquil Posts: > 500

There is several differnt jackets like this avalable.
Click on the link in the first post and check wich jacket you'd preffer and the price on that spcific one.
THe one in the review I paied round £100 for.
--
Posted: 2004-10-25 20:08:02
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home