Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Dodgy seller on ebay selling a link?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Dodgy seller on ebay selling a link? Bookmark topic
nosferatuvampess Posts: 37

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42392&item=5701643133&rd=1

Description
The Sony Ericson T630 is an excellent phone.
T630

Experience sharing

Your T630 has a built-in digital camera, Picture Messaging (MMS), Polyphonic ringtones and tons of ways to give the phone your personal look and feel. Quality materials and a large and super-clear color display give this phone its sophisticated look and feel. T630 cutting edge accessories include a stylish Bluetooth™ wireless headset.

The Sony Ericsson T630 is easy experience sharing. Sending real pictures from phone to phone - quickly and easily. We call it QuickShare™. And when you discover the T630, so will you.

I am not selling the phone its self but a link to a website where you can purchase this phone for only £20

Please do not bid unless you understand this.

Read the last few lines, does this sound weird to you? Has anyone else heard about a site like this? Or do you think its' a scam?
This is the first time i've heard about something like this.

[ This Message was edited by: nosferatuvampess on 2004-05-31 10:40 ]
--
Posted: 2004-05-31 11:39:22
Edit : Quote

Sammy_boy Posts: > 500

These have been on Ebay for a while now, and there are tons of them, they're some kind of pyramid selling scheme, a pain in the arse!

Don't touch 'em with a barge pole. From what I can gather, this £20 puts you on some kind of list, at the bottom. As more and more people join, you slowly work your way up the list, till you're at the top and (in theory) your phone gets sent out to you. This would probably take many weeks, or months, that's if you get the phone at all!

Some people are very sneaky, and only put at the very bottom of the page in tiny writing about it being a link, and not for an actual phone, so if you're buying something like a T630 off Ebay, just make sure it isn't a link first!
--
Posted: 2004-05-31 12:09:18

Jezzaj Posts: 321

avoid these,if people sopped putting money in these then we wouldnt have to trawl through them in search of 'real' phones
--
Posted: 2004-05-31 12:17:19

nosferatuvampess Posts: 37

Hey, thanks for the info guys =)
I hope this thread helped a few other than me.
--
Posted: 2004-05-31 12:28:41

50Cent Posts: > 500

yeah they are matrix systems. some do work but it would take you about 2 years to get a phone
--
Posted: 2004-05-31 13:05:14

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home