Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : News from CPW
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > News from CPW Bookmark topic
Page12345>

amnesia Posts: > 500

just been to CPW, luckily a guy named John had JUST returned from an SE meeting from the day before.

Filled me in with a good bit of juicy gossip.

SE are going to release a 4 MP phone and they literally said they are going to focus on REPLACING digital cameras.

With the number of releases coming out, it's estimated a good 1 phone once a week will be rolling out (at least worthwhile ones).

THe 4 mp phone will be seen in 8 months AND he said he heard word of TWO P series officially, a lower end and higher end.

Probably known, but good to be confirmed.
--
Posted: 2004-10-22 01:58:13
Edit : Quote

scotsboyuk Posts: > 500

[quote]
On 2004-10-22 01:58:13, amnesia wrote:

SE are going to release a 4 MP phone and they literally said they are going to focus on REPLACING digital cameras.
[quote]

I presume that is for the European market since Samsung already have a 5 MP camera phone out in South Korea.

[quote]
With the number of releases coming out, it's estimated a good 1 phone once a week will be rolling out (at least worthwhile ones).
[quote]

Over what period of time? One phone a week for how long? This doesn't seem to be in keeping with SE policy of announcing new products together.

Quote:
THe 4 mp phone will be seen in 8 months AND he said he heard word of TWO P series officially, a lower end and higher end.

There have been rumours in the past about a low-end smartphone from SE and of course much speculation concerning the P1000.

Who was this chap you spoke with? I presume he was someone with a degree of authority in CPW.
--
Posted: 2004-10-22 02:04:05

dave_uk Posts: > 500

At which CPW store was this?
--
Posted: 2004-10-22 02:12:18

goldenface Posts: > 500

I was reading SE news on my IBM Intranet and a rep from SE was quoted as saying SE had no major and one minor product launch in the near future. So this may be true. I would imagine that mobile makers would not want to leave it too long before releasing a new handset for fear of falling behind. This message was posted from a T610
--
Posted: 2004-10-22 02:16:36

person's name was John Gourne.
CPW in Colchester.
Told me he recieved this information from a seminar just yesterday.

I wasn't clear when I said 1 phone a week. I meant starting from November to the end of next year. (not SE products only)

As for Samsung's 5 MP camera, I've heard about it, but I was speaking specifically about SE 4 MP. I was talking about the UK specifically since I didn't know CPW was opened in other countries besides the UK. Speaking of Samsung, their 4 GB hard-drive phone is going to really change the mobile industry IMO, no more hassle with Memory cards hopefully.

I'm just passing on exactly what I heard word for word. Nothing better than a juicy bit of gossip. I didn't ask his position, but he did pass on this information with confidence.

or Try Oxygen Inc. or Aqua-Side Oxygen-X

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2004-10-22 01:26 ]
--
Posted: 2004-10-22 02:22:58

Interesting. Not doubting you, amnesia, but it's fairly unusual for store reps to go to manufacturer seminars. Anyhow, I should be able to shed some further light on Monday, when I, strangely enough, have a meeting with an rep! So will ask specifically about 4MP camphones - I imagine we'll get a rundown of impending product launches anyway.
--
Posted: 2004-10-22 02:26:15

that's great!
If you could get any additional info on the 4 MP phone that was said to be released it would be great support for what I've said.

I'm not one of those rumour makers Dont want anyone to think that either.

I'm getting excited at the thought that perhaps you could get more details.
--
Posted: 2004-10-22 02:29:27

Not implying you're rumour-mongering for a minute, but I should know that alot of BS is talked by store staff, pretending to know more than they do.

However, I will post my findings (providing I haven't got the date wrong and it is this Monday and not next Monday!) on Monday - actually I guess it will be a Monday either way. Confused? I am
--
Posted: 2004-10-22 02:33:01

scotsboyuk Posts: > 500

@amnesia

Sorry if it looked as if I was implying that you were starting groundless rumours, just posing some questions and thoughts that came to mind after reading your post. I for one hope that this can be substantiated, a SE 4 MP camera phone for the UK market would be fantastic, but I have a feeling that it will probably be a 3G product.
--
Posted: 2004-10-22 02:38:38

goldenface Posts: > 500

If SE are gonna increase market share then they are going to have fight every corner of the market and release lots of cheaper handsets. This message was posted from a T610
--
Posted: 2004-10-22 02:40:32
Page12345>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home