Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : NEC E616v SE Z1010
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > NEC E616v SE Z1010 Bookmark topic
Enten Posts: 2

I can buy both for 1000 SEK (approximately 130-140 USD) without a contract. Which one should i buy?

Functions? Menu?

Any1 with a pic of the E616v menu?
--
Posted: 2004-10-28 00:03:21
Edit : Quote

ThreeX Posts: > 500

First things that come to mind when I hear NEC:
Poor standby/talk time
Poor resale value
Humongous 3G-Ho-hum phones, maybe not bad per se but i have never looked twice at a NEC
I guess i am conservative, but i donīt think mobiles when i hear NEC.. DVD-recorders/players and monitors, yes but phones.. naah..
--
Posted: 2004-10-28 00:37:22

Stinger151 Posts: > 500

Z1010 best choice i reckon
--
Posted: 2004-10-28 01:07:48

Sammy_boy Posts: > 500

I have an e616V, and it's not too bad a phone! I haven't seen, let alone played with a z1010 so I cannot compare what the two are like, but I can tell you what I can about the e616V (and supply some pictures - below).

Firstly, don't just go for an e616 (no 'V') as that's the previous, bug-ridden version. Unfortunately this version isn't totally bug-free - I was browsing '3 today' last night, and the phone rebooted itself for seeminly no apparent reason - it's done that twice now in the space of a week. It also seems to time out when trying to load a page, although I'm not sure if that's the phone or 3. Also, when on the '3 Today' front welcome screen, it's recently taken to slowly scrolling down by itself, which is annoying - is this an option that needs turning off or another bug, anyone know?

I quite like the phone itself, plenty of features, although bluetooth implementation is poor - audio profile only I believe! Nice, clear display, decent keypad.

Right, pictures:
Front of phone

Main screen - in standby mode with shortcut menu at bottom of screen:

Main menu screen:

Let me know if you need any more pics!
--
Posted: 2004-10-28 01:24:59

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home