Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Have a BAD feeling about SE's quietness (read for opinion)
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Have a BAD feeling about SE's quietness (read for opinion) Bookmark topic
Page12>

kenx3000 Posts: 160

Right now SE's been quite quiet for a while. Its always scary when a phone company is quiet because there might be surprises just like when K700, S700, S710a, Z500a pop out and barely anyone knew it was coming (well except people that got a preview of the pictures and video[doesn't count]). In my opinion, SE knows Z500a, T290 release isn't what most people are desired in (well for most people). People desired in K700i's specs with Memory Expansion in both new Candy Bar and Flip Type. Don't you think SE knows what we think? They might already planned this NEW phone, but no one knows about it. It might just pop out just like the older phones.

The Best flip phone in GSM network is only the Z600, and Z500a and Z200 couldn't substitute it. SE had been quiet on the flip phones and I'm aware that they're going to release a flip phone with a Medium-Class specs that are close to people's desire. Not that I heard rumors, but its just feelings.

Think about before Z600 came out, people wanted T610 in a flip phone form and what happened? Voila! Z600 pop out with its brother Z200. Now K700i had been on the mid-range market for a while, but the flip phone market seems really quiet. Samsung, Nokia, Motorola are throwing out all these phones, but SE? barely keeps up. Who knows SE might announce a great mid-range phone before Christmas and would be ready to sell in Q2 2005 that's my feelings to this.

K700i IS a great phone, but if they added Memory Expansion, we couldn't ask more. May be K710? S700 could substitute the other form of K700i, but how many people are used to the new swivel style? Flip phones still holds its popularity and I know SE knows! What do you guys think? Thnx for Reading my opinion and feelings!

[ This Message was edited by: kenx3000 on 2004-11-02 00:58 ]
--
Posted: 2004-11-02 01:51:37
Edit : Quote

sieg dante Posts: 89

welcome to esato !!

em..actually i am waiting se to release a clamshell version of k700.. but they din't release any news about that..
--
Posted: 2004-11-02 03:19:37

vineet_d Posts: > 500

Yeah I was the proud owner of Z600 but had to sell it coz did'nt had enough money to buy a k700i. Now i am satisfied with my k700 but still wanted a p910
--
Posted: 2004-11-02 06:35:08

benrk Posts: 31

I share these bad feelings about SE, as I do not understand their product politics.
With every1 releasing new phones for x-mas SE is under pressure eventhough they have great phones that should work for every1, but this is an old Ericsson problem. There is always a reason for people to dislike the one or the other phone & most people do not have a clue, they just buy what they like or are advised to do so, therefor you need more variety even if it does not really make sense as there's almost no difference in the specs. T290 & J200 are a good step in this direction, but not enough.

urgently missing phones in the product line in my opinion are:
K700 w/ extendable memory
K700 clamshell
V800 free version
non touchscreen symbian like SX1; 7610(?)
3G smartphone
Some gadget phone, uncompareble, like the study w/ this double flip screen

I can only hope SE is surprising everybody w/ a big offense of new models for x-mas sales whithin the next few weeks, though I doubt it as there are almost no leaks of info, I hope they just fixed the leaks.

A K700 clamshell is one thing I'm waiting for as well. My T610 is becoming a bit outdated & I always loved flip phones, clamshells w/ 2nd display are a pretty good substitude. I would have bought a Z600 but the reception in 1800MHz networks is just too bad, so my provider doesn't sell it. I like S700 as well, but it's just too expensive as a toy in between for someone waiting for a proper 3G.

Yes, SE does know very well what we are thinking, they read these forums as well!

I hope SE is not falling back again as bad as Ericsson did.

[ This Message was edited by: benrk on 2004-11-03 12:05 ]
--
Posted: 2004-11-03 12:52:42

Krubach Posts: > 500

Well i think wont announce anything before Christmas.

The "time-to-market" for a product announced now wouldn't be before christmas, and that would make people wait for those new phones, hence leaving the actual line-up on the shelfs.

I think they want to sell what they have now, and announce new products for the new year.
--
Posted: 2004-11-03 13:05:52

benrk Posts: 31

Well, I said I HOPE they would release new models for x-mas, just like Nokia did w/ their new low end phones, anounce them this week, bring them to the shops next week, don't keep people waiting for months.

This does not mean I believe SE will do so
--
Posted: 2004-11-03 13:15:11

scotsboyuk Posts: > 500

Why are people so impatient and cynical? It seems to be that if SE don't release a perfect product once every other day then we get the usual round of questions;"Are SE falling apart?", "Is SE failing?", "Why are SE doing so badly?"

SE will announce new products when they are good and ready, perhaps they have decided not to announce them at the same time as Nokia to gain maximum publicity and impact.

I am sure SE will have a range of new models available soon, probably next year, but then again they may surprise us with a few pre-Christmas announcements.

--
Posted: 2004-11-03 14:16:16

*Jojo* Posts: > 500

@kenx3k - I don't think that they are still up to something this time . . . as the year 2004 will soon come to a close, I don't think that they'll have some more releases to announce! Maybe by next year mate, as they would have just been so tired with their successive emitting of a number of models during the 3rd and 4th quarter of this year . . .
--
Posted: 2004-11-03 17:12:21

Asterix Posts: > 500

Why we always compare SE and Nokia?, maybe SE won't release any more models until next year, just because they think is best.

I don't think SE has to release a new model everytime Nokia does, they're different companies with different market strategies.
--
Posted: 2004-11-04 01:24:14

*Jojo* Posts: > 500

@asterix- The way I see SE's present moves of releasing quite a handful of units this year ... it's just an obvious reason that they are joining the bandwagon, that is of Nokia - fone proliferation at it's BEST!
--
Posted: 2004-11-04 01:47:26
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home