Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : SmartPhone/PDA-Phone User Reviews
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > SmartPhone/PDA-Phone User Reviews Bookmark topic
OluYom Posts: > 500

The concept of hybrid devices have always fascinated me. At the moment, there are quite a number of them out there with amazing capabilities. I have used 3: Ericsson R380s, Motorola Accompli 008, and at present SE P800. Each have been different (of course, in my own case belonging to different times).But all of them have enabled me to carry my office around, among other things.

If you are a smartphone user (or have used one at some tiome in the past), share your experience/s with your smartphone/PDA-phone here, telling us in particular what exceptional use/s you put the device to if possible. Are there any new features you'd love to see as standard on smartphones, and why?

In my first post on this thread, I'll be talking about my old Motorola A008, but anyone can set the ball rolling right away!

[ This Message was edited by: AYA on 2004-11-10 08:35 ]
--
Posted: 2004-11-10 09:33:37
Edit : Quote

D moto A008 is a clamshell beauty & capable PDA-phone. Pluses: large screen; excellent & fast handwriting recog; built-in email client with multiple accounts; java. Minuses: monochrome display not maximized; no external LED 4 caller ID; cannot install 3rd party apps; WAP browser refuses 2 load certain sites; earpiece volume insufficient; 2mb built-in & inexpandable memory. Did I leave anything out? Probably. :) This message was posted from a P800
--
Posted: 2004-11-10 11:33:17

Of course,d A008's processor (33Mhz) is nowhere near as powerful as say d p800's (156Mhz). But 4 what d phone is capable of doing, it is more than adequate.

TrueSync worked fine 4 d most part, though I had a few truncated entries. D A008 comes with ability to send out documents as fax. Ah, then u could also switch off d phone mode in restricted areas & still use pda functions.

One feature found on both d R380 & P800 which I missed on d A008 was d text copy/cut/paste function, and that spoilt my experience with d otherwise excellent device.

[ This Message was edited by: AYA on 2004-11-12 17:26 ]
--
Posted: 2004-11-11 10:13:00

The A008 is one of d better phones I have used. Of course, I nderutilised it. For example, though d set was a GPRS phone, there was no GPRS service around 2 run it on. All email handling, WAP browsing and java downloads were via CSD - and d accompli performed admirably (except 4 d less than excellent WAP browser).

A little bulky it was, but 4 d bang I got out of it, no regrets.

Anyone has any experience with d Motorola A008? Would love 2 read ur story!
--
Posted: 2004-11-11 22:59:00

Hi! I recently added TelMe T919 to my list of smartphones. I had seen it in adverts and checked out its specifications on TelMe's site, as wellas read a review on it, but never set my eyes on it. Well, I've been using it this weekend and... well, let's just say it hasn't been a let down in any serious way.

I have heard one or two comments about the T919 being a contender with the P800. Nothing could be far from the truth. While okay as a smartphone (it belongs more in the class of the A008), it certainly falls short of what the P800 is in many ways. I'll mention a few strong ones

1. The P800 is true multi-tasking; the T9191 is not
2. The T919 OS cannot have 3rd party apps installed
3. The User interface is not as efficient and intuitive as that of the P800
4. While very light, the form factor is on the bulky side
5. The 32k colour screen is a disappointment. The P800's 4k display does a better job
6. Infrared port not as versatile as that of the P800; wont accept some files that the P800 readily accepts.
7. Browser only supoports WML, not even 2.0 (Esato 2.0 didn't load)

Can I stop there and go on about other things? I noticed that the WAP browser loads pages faster than the P800's browser does. I do not fully understand why, but it does. Anyone knows, please post.

Let me say that the T919 is not bad at all. its just that I'm spoilt already haven used the P800. If I had handled the T919 right after dropping my Motorola Accompli 008, it would have been geek heaven for me. But now...

I'll probably update this page from time to time. Somebody contribute to this thread pleeaase!

I noticed
--
Posted: 2004-11-15 13:26:03

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home