Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : 6630 Review.
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > 6630 Review. Bookmark topic
amnesia Posts: > 500

Alright, I'm on vacation. Got off of Gulf Air's First Class seat (which is quite nice if you're stuck on picking an airline) at Bahrain, went home, and a shiny 6630 lay there in front of me.
Oooooh, Aaaaah, GIMME I screamed.
Opening the box, I was a bit disappointed that there was no dock included, but I didn't care.

I ripped open all of the plastic and put my sim in and turned the phone on. (I didn't charge it even though I should have)

Switching it on I see a SMOOTH Nokia logo and a realistic animation of the shaking hands.

and off we go.

Specs:
10 MB internal memory, 64 mb DV-RSMMC card (more info on that later), 3G, EDGE, light sensor, a 1.3 Megapixel camera, and updated processor (faster than any other phone (even the 9500))

Screen: 65K TFT screen
System: Series 60 Symbian V.8
Sound: One large speaker on the top of the phone (bit different)

Again I apologize if the pictures are not as clear as they should be.

What you get:

In the box you get the battery, a headset (looks iPod like), a Sync CD, Sync cable, charger, battery cover, a memory card (64mb) and a manual.

The CD includes various apps that are already installed on the phone or available on the nokia website.

Below are a few pics of the phone.

The keypad, although chubby looking, is quite slim. Furthermore, pressing the buttons is great! Its soft and doesn't have that rigid feeling that Nokia phones usually do.

The shape of the phone isn't exactly to my taste, my main reasoning for getting the phone is because it works with 3G networks and I dont want to use any of the current phones on the UK market.

Note: The button you see has to functions. Pressing and holding allows you to use voice activated calls and pressing it while in a call activates the recorder.

The recorder is clearer than any phone I have ever used (Of course I am comparing Nokia's together). Playback while in a conversation is also clear.

Now judging by the pics, you might say "that phone is one huge (insert any word here)" So I've supplied a comparison photo.

Note: As you can see, it's almost the same size as the 7610, if not a bit smaller (heigh wise at least).

One point to add though, is that using some functions on the phone with one hand is a bit tricky for me. I've got small hands so it may just be me, but I have a bit of trouble pressing the edit and clear keys while writing a message since it's a bit low on the keypad and reaching for it throws off the phones balance.

Sound Quality on the phone is great. Noticabley better than the 7610 at least. It may be due to the fact that it is position at the top of the phone, or that it's bigger. Playing back load songs doesn't give a screeching sound like the 7610.

Video:
Since it runs series 60 and is a Nokia, it comes with Realplayer as usual and there are a TON of apps to allow any type of playback. If you've got a large enough memory card, then great, you can watch some High quality video's.

Speaking of memory cards though, Nokia have done something that really makes me angry. I pulled out my 7610's 256 RSMMC memory card and plugged it in (with a smile in my face thinking that I was smart for buying one). That smile slowly faded into an angry fit.
Why didn't it work?! So with a bit of reserach I discovered that it accepts on the DV version (Dual Voltage) Basically, it's the same card but it uses less power, thus saving the phone power.
It's in my opinion that this is a software restriction, so hopefully someone will come along.

The keypad lighting is not that bad, nice and white. As mentioned, the phone has a light sensor. If ít's bright, it doesn't light up and the screen is dimmed. This is a great feature since it saves battery time. I haven't figured out how to switch it off yet though.

I wont comment on the features since they are as any other Series 60.
There are a few improvements since it's V8 like a 3d Rotating picture view.

It's also faster than all of the other phones, meaning you dont need to load up a menu.

I'm hoping I can set up the content to work on 3 but I wont know til i get back to England.

If anyone has any questions please let me know! I'll be happy to answer!

or Try Oxygen Inc. or Aqua-Side Oxygen-X

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2004-12-19 00:16 ]
--
Posted: 2004-12-19 01:09:55
Edit : Quote

jontyf Posts: 468

Very nice!
Still a bit big and they havent changed the screen pixel size...
--
Posted: 2004-12-19 15:48:58

sapibobo Posts: 214

Nice pics. How is the camera picture quality compare to SE S700?
--
Posted: 2005-01-18 03:40:33

vineet_d Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2005-01-18 03:40:33, sapibobo wrote:
Nice pics. How is the camera picture quality compare to SE S700?

Dude very close to the quality of s700 and sometimes even better.
--
Posted: 2005-01-18 04:35:20

Jake Blues Posts: > 500

do we have any uk prices?
--
Posted: 2005-01-18 06:47:00

Debu Posts: > 500

....nice....
--
Posted: 2005-01-18 08:04:50

sapibobo Posts: 214

@vineet_d

can you show us some pic comparison? in www.gsmarena.com states that S700 produce better picture and the camera have better advanced setting than N6630.
--
Posted: 2005-01-19 14:44:33

amnesia Posts: > 500

if you go to my site

mobile.oxygen-inc.com you can see a few comparison pics I've taken.
To be honest, in my opinion, the S700 is better. The 6630 is weak when there is low light.

As for pricing, you can go to the shop section of my site as well.

_________

Oxygen Inc.|Oxygen-X|[url=http://mobile.oxygen-inc.com" TARGET="_blank]Oxygen Mobile

[ This Message was edited by: amnesia on 2005-01-19 16:39 ]
--
Posted: 2005-01-19 17:36:56

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home