Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : V800 need help encoding videos
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > V800 need help encoding videos Bookmark topic
Page12>

Blazing Posts: 1

Hi
Ive tried converting some of my video files on mpegablex4live and im having sync problems with the sound its a few sec out of time, Does any1 know why? Also ive searched all over the web and here for encoding settings for the v800 with mpegable.

Pls help cause im not payin £1.50 for 1 video off vodafone live.
--
Posted: 2005-01-05 04:01:35
Edit : Quote

nexx Posts: 52

hi

i've spent time searching the best settings for encoding videos.
within mpegablex4live you have to :

you can choose h263 OR mpeg4
mpeg 4 is taking less space and has better result than h263
about the sound i highly recommend AAC

(after loading the video you want to convert)
set interoperability 3gpp->video mpeg4(sp level0)->sound AAC
video processing set the desired framerate (*)
image processing ->crop qcif (176*144) and check bicubic (but NOT high quality ! because the image will not be sharp enough
uncheck display dimension
audio encoding->aac, mono, 48kb/s, (same as input for the sample rate)
video encoding-> set the desired rate (*) and don't modify other settings

(*) -----> framerate / bitrate settings :

the video processing of v800 is limited, when you try to put high bitrates or framerates, the sound is delayed and the video is slowed down

-> the best settings :

AAC/MPEG4/framerate
48kbps/144kbps/20img/s

you can try 160kbps but sometimes it lags...

have fun !

you can try 25img/s but you need to lower the rate to 92kbps so its not so good
(i've not tried less than 20img/s)
--
Posted: 2005-01-27 12:18:16

voda_jon Posts: > 500

or just download nokias multimedia converter for free. then all u do is open the file in the program and clik convert. voila done an dusted with no errors! This message was posted from a WAP device
--
Posted: 2005-01-27 15:21:16

@voda_jon

I've tried it too but.... As it is compatible with most 3gp capable phones it can't use all the power available in our v800 beloved phones...
In conclusion clips looks slightly worse
But i agree with you, it's easy of use and free (as i remember)

Concerning mpegable, i've tried less than 20img/sec
and !!!
I think 48kbps/192kbps/18img (aac/mpeg4/framerate) is even better !
Image looks more sharp, and the video is nearly as smooth as the 20img/s version
--
Posted: 2005-01-27 22:25:30

02 Posts: > 500

i cant find framerates with a img/s option.
all i can find is an option under video processing which is a Hz... can help me out here... thanx!
--
Posted: 2005-02-01 10:11:43

Hmmm... sorry, you're right !
but Hz is 'per second'
So just put 18hz and that's what i tried to explain !
(you can try different values from 15 to 20hz)

I've noticed something weird:
On my v800, playing video is a lot smoother when playing directly from 'my documents'->'videos'
It's more buggy when playing from media player (sound is shifted, video is less good)

(but this is an issue of the phone, not from the encoder)

--
Posted: 2005-02-02 11:13:44

HyperiaBlue Posts: 424

Here is a guide to get the best out of mpegable.

http://3gp.spawnweb.dk/

Hope this solves your problem. You can also try PV Author (aka Packet Video Author).
--
Posted: 2005-02-04 00:44:03

wagawaga Posts: 32

I've tried out nexx's settings and I'd like to add:

with 24fps, I can go up to
*48kbps AAC/MPEG4 128kbps*
with very few noticable AV-delay on the V800 (the sort that 95% of people won't notice when it's on their TV, like 1 frame off). And when going up to
*48kbps AAC/MPEG4 160kbps*
delay is still very difficult to notice (like 90% of people won't see/1 or 2 frames off). But with those setting, picture quality is a lot better than with MPEG4 92kbps.

Cheers!
--
Posted: 2005-02-06 22:15:18

Mackaby007 Posts: 7

Try this link folks http://www.nurs.or.jp/~calcium/3gpp

I've tried all other methods including mpegable x4 live and PV Author and none come close in overall quality and speed of encoding. Try this setting:
QCIF High quality 15 fps Stereo (incase you use headphones).
Just drag and drop your files (inc mpeg2 and WMV HD files and watch it go) into 3GP Converter and let it do the rest. Admittedly, the software is a no frills program with no tweaking options, but the results are astounding; at least they are on my Sony Ericsson V800 and my wife's S700i.

Mpegable has some wonderful tweaking/settings options though, like cropping unwanted 'black top & bottom borders' but that said, in my opinion, it only comes close in terms of picture quality and is far too bothersome to use. Let's face it, once the novelity of watching films on your fone has worn off, you'll surely appreciate the simplicity and crisp results of the japanese no frills totally FREE 3GP Converter for whatever your purposes are.

Last but not least, I said there were no tweaking options; however, there are a multitude of preset encoding options for many types of mobile media machines, from Mobile fones to the new playstation (PSP) DVD quality encoding.
Best of luck to you all. I've spent over 6+ months foolin' around with this kind of software and this software, I believe, is tops! Hope this helps some one.

PS: Providing you have at least a V800 and a 512 MB Sony Duo Pro Memory stick (or higher):
Medium Quality Ripped DVD 'Underworld '(legally owned) 1 hour 50 mins long equates to 171 MB
or High Quality DVD 'Van Helsing' (legally owned) about 2 hours+ long equates to 325 MB (but is SVCD if not DVD like to watch)

Expext some lag though, but nothing to complain about. If you want perfection either stick to DVD or HD DVD or wait for substantial hardware & Software improvements over the next 5 years or so in the mobile phone media arena!

Mackaby (Encoding freak/Enthusiast)
--
Posted: 2005-04-13 02:39:42

docchris Posts: 11

this might soudn dumb, but i downlaoded it and ran it and changed it to english, but now i cant find settings as such, just a selection of pre-programmed profiles, which should i use to make a good file for the v800?

thanks
--
Posted: 2005-04-19 18:44:24
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home