Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : Mp3 handsfree feedback PLEASE!
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Mp3 handsfree feedback PLEASE! Bookmark topic
Page12>

papajohn Posts: 30

Hi!

I'm planning to buy ericsson's mp3 handsfree(4 my t39) an I have some questions:

1.What's your general opinion about it?
2.How many time it takes for a complete 32mb tranfer to the mmc card?
3.What's the tranfer rate of the parallel port?
4.Does it support winxp?? In which od do u use it?
5.Sound quality/volume?? Opinions?
6.Ease of use? Bugs? Pros and Cons?

PLEASE answer me cause there is a high possibility of me buying it at saturday!!

Papajohn
--
Posted: 2002-01-16 14:34:00
Edit : Quote

esoqq Posts: 96

I can't answer all questions, but I have the MP3 player, and am really quite happy with it. It takes around 10 minutes or so to transfer a full disk's worth of music with the supplied parallel port MMC reader. It's not that great a method of transferring the data, and I actually have a conflict with my USB Sony Memory Stick reader and this device. You might want to consider getting a USB MMC reader. I don't know about any issues with XP, as I am using Win 98.
Sound quality, and quality of the headphones is actually very good, and for the price it is a great addition to an Ericsson phone (about 60 UK pounds from Ericsson Direct here). Using the MP3 as a handsfree works pretty well too, once you get used to hearing a voice in the middle of your head rather than in one ear! It's a shame that you can't play games etc while the MP3 is in use though.

Phil
--
Posted: 2002-01-17 13:32:00

Schukey Posts: 6

I own one and I've used it with my T28 and T68. To answer your questions:

1. I hate it. Worst piece of crap I've ever used. I wouldn't pay even $40 for this piece of junk.
2. 10 minutes, which is WAY too long because since you can only store about 8 songs you'll prolly want to change your playlist often.
3. Slow.
4. No. I've tried it with Windows XP and Windows 2000 MANY times, and it never worked. Had to go to my friend's house and use his Win ME.
5. Probably the only good aspect of this player.
6. Using it with a T39 will suck. When I was using it with my T28, I found it EXTREMELY annoying having to open and close the flip everytime I wanted to change tracks.

This thing has MANY other flaws... check out my review of it:
http://www.howardchui.com/nuke/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=9
--
Posted: 2002-01-18 07:19:00

Eamonn Posts: > 500

what kind of memory card does it take?
--
Posted: 2002-01-18 08:49:00

snottra Posts: 122

I´m satisfyed with it, ok I agree it takes to long to tranfer saong with the parallell port but USB it works great. I use it with a T68(I had T28 before) and with R2A s.w I have no complains. It uses MMC cards and I just bought a 64MB (I have two 32MB beore)for $80 and all I had to do to get it work was to download a new s.w (3.5MB)to the PC. It can not hadle anyother format then mp3, which is a pitty. Volume is easy to adjust and sound quality is good. If I would which for a change it would be that I can used it without having to phone on, ie no listening on airplanes.

Buy it if it costs maximum $100.
--
Posted: 2002-01-18 09:09:00

Well,

10 minutes for a full 32mb transfer isnt that bad...

Now the only aspects are the fact that u cant use the mp3 while writing sms and that it doesnt support winxp(I have a dual boot system with win98 though...).

Well,do u think it worths about 100 Euros???

Papajohn
--
Posted: 2002-01-18 14:54:00

And sth else!

While writing to the mmc can u use the pc or the paralel mmc reader makes the pc too slow??

Papajohn
--
Posted: 2002-01-18 15:33:00

Hulix Posts: 123

Just bought a MP3 player....

Works perfectly under W2K!!

Regards Hulix

Visit my Forum at:
www.ask4link.com/forum/default.asp
--
Posted: 2002-01-18 20:40:00

mhorton Posts: > 500

I really like my MP3 player. I was thinking on getting a new card a 64 mb for it.
--
Posted: 2002-01-18 20:52:00

Well,

I'm buying one tommorow!
The necropsy will clear things up!
hehe

Papajohn
--
Posted: 2002-01-18 22:16:00