Esato Mobile
Regional : Americas : Any Americans who might help?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Regional > Americas > Any Americans who might help? Bookmark topic
Page123>

supastar Posts: 1

I currently live in Denmark, but this August I'm going to America for a year. I'll be an exchange student and attend high school and stuff.

Here in Denmark we have a certain term in the cellular-world called "talk time", which is basically appealing to the young public. When you buy a "talk time-package" you receive a sim-card, so you have to own a mobilephone in advanced, which cannot be sim-locked. In the sim-card there's e.g. 10 dollars worth of "talk time and sms'".. So when you use up these 10 $, you can only receive calls and messages - you cannot have a negative "talk time account". Many teenagers (I'm one myself but do not have this type of account at the time) have these accounts - it allows them to limit their "bills", as they only fill up their account, as they please. There's no extra charges, no monthly fee. And with the sim-card you now have, it can basically have "0" on it and still last forever.

The only downside to this, is that the taxes (or what you call it are pretty higher then in other solutions..

So, do you have any of this in USA? I currently have a t68i, but I'm pondering if I should bring it with me... I need something like I explained, 'cause I don't want to use excessive money on cellphone-bills..

Please help! Thanks in advanced..

[ This Message was edited by: supastar on 2002-07-07 13:54 ]
--
Posted: 2002-07-07 14:38:00
Edit : Quote

lor Posts: > 500

testing what?
--
Posted: 2002-07-07 14:41:00

Hehe.. I wasn't quite sure it'd be posted in the "Americans" section.. So before I went on to write a long post, I'd make sure, that it was the right place to do it.

--
Posted: 2002-07-07 14:56:00

Epedemic Posts: > 500

supastar: det hedder prepaid eller pay as you go...
--
Posted: 2002-07-07 15:31:00

Hey Epedemic ka du forklare yderligere??!!

Og har du navne (links) på amerikanske mobiltelefonudbydere?

--
Posted: 2002-07-07 15:40:00

eAlex Posts: 31

it's called prepaid. where in the usa are you moving?
email me ealex2k@hotmail.com
--
Posted: 2002-07-07 16:05:00

shawnmccall9 Posts: > 500

you can't carry a zero balace with prepaid though. You must have money in your account to receive sms and phone calls. and if you are in the middle of a call when your money runs out, the call is cut off.
--
Posted: 2002-07-07 16:43:00

Doh! Posts: 4

As posted above, it's called pre-paid. The two major carriers are AT&T and Voicestream. You can check out their sites for more info. attws.com and voicestream.com
--
Posted: 2002-07-07 18:58:00

"you can't carry a zero balace with prepaid though. You must have money in your account to receive sms and phone calls. and if you are in the middle of a call when your money runs out, the call is cut off".

But it doesn't COST anything to receive calls and messages?!!

If a zero balance "blocks" the sim-card (or something like that), does it mean, that I can have e.g. a 1 $ balance, and still be able to recieve, as long as the balance is above zero?
--
Posted: 2002-07-07 22:06:00

shawnmccall9 Posts: > 500

I think you have only 45 days from the date of purchase to use prepaid money. After 45 days it expires, until you add to it. SMS with prepaid is free to both receive and send. Voice calls do cost the company to receive and they pass this cost onto the consumer
--
Posted: 2002-07-08 14:06:00
Page123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home