Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : SE and Microsoft rumor! i doubt it. but maybe
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > SE and Microsoft rumor! i doubt it. but maybe Bookmark topic
Page1234>

EastCoastStar Posts: > 500

i was watching the news today, and Bill Gates was talking about a sync between a unrealesed phone manufacterer, and microsoft. they showed a few things like being able to type in the contacts in a windows app. (i know... just liek FMA... and i know theres already many progs to do this, but its microsoft... weirdos haha) there was more, but i was at band practice, so after i saw it and made everybody stop the song, it was almost the end. they said it was with an unreleased manufacterer, but they showed 2 phones... blurred out so u wouldnt know who made it... but it was very very clear that it was the t630, and the z1010... they did show the menu, and the phone blurred in the guys hand... it was very obvious if u know anything about SE phones... (which i guess isnt alot in the US). has anyone heard anything about this?? or maybe he was using the SE phones just to throw people like me off track... or something... any ideas??
--
Posted: 2005-01-10 04:23:05
Edit : Quote

scotsboyuk Posts: > 500

@EastCoastStar

Any such deal would be rather limited as SE are apparently committed to UIQ3. Apart from PC software support, I don't see that Microsoft would have much else to offer SE, unless SE have decided to abandon UIQ3 ...
--
Posted: 2005-01-10 06:58:47

DeLa Posts: > 500

If the OP understood correctly, it is only some kind of link-software, some kind of interface. It hink that can be done without installing some sort of windows on the phone.

It wouldn' surprise me, since:
- outlook sync is already working
- the fsquirt wizard works fine
- Se's own software provides some kind of (albeit limited) integration in the windows shell
- Microsoft is good at pointing out software from others that has potential, so they might have noticed FMA

In fact it would be a logical step to work out what is already in place. It is the next step. And it must be apparent for Microsoft now that they won't be able to dominate the mobile phone market in terms of OS so teaming up with the seperate ui's might be a strategic choice.

Just my 2 cents, only guessswork.
--
Posted: 2005-01-10 09:16:10

CybaCowboy Posts: 314

It wouldn't suprise me if Sony Ericsson were considering a Windows Mobile Smartphone or a Windows Mobile Pocket PC with Integrated Phone Capabilities- not only are Windows Mobile devices MUCH, MUCH more powerful than any other smartphone, but LOTS of experienced industry analysts predict that by 2007, Windows Mobile will be the dominant operating system in smartphones!

'Bout time too, the Pxxx series is probably the best phone out there, with it's only flaw being the rather limited Symbian OS...
--
Posted: 2005-01-11 03:43:00

govigov Posts: > 500

Limited symbian os? What! Dela sounds logical, but i dont think it will happen. May be the M$$ will bring out a phone explorer that can access all phones in market. Not just SE. This message was posted from a K500
--
Posted: 2005-01-11 03:53:10

dumbdumb Posts: 183

In my opinion, Sony tends to stay away from MS.... so that is why all Sony PDA are PalmOS.... so I doubt SE is going to come up with a MS phone....
--
Posted: 2005-01-11 04:00:01

jplacson Posts: > 500

OMG.. MS Mobile/PPC being more advanced than Symbian... that's a laugh.

I think MS was showcasing their counterpart for iSync (which does all that) ... something MS never had...a unifying sync app built into Windows.
--
Posted: 2005-01-11 05:10:08

Residentevil Posts: > 500

The Symbian OS is the fastest growing OS in the mobile phone arena. So I doubt SE will be abandoning it. Windows mobile only has a small share in the mobile phone market.
--
Posted: 2005-01-11 05:49:39

EastCoastStar Posts: > 500

it may only be a small part now... but u know how MS does... they always try to plan for the future. ya know? maybe they think thats whats gonna be big next. but like i said in the original post... maybe it was juss a phone to throw people like us off... but i dont knowww. you all are making good points. its pretty confusing, i dont know what to tihnk!
--
Posted: 2005-01-11 06:16:44

CybaCowboy Posts: 314

You've never heard of Microsoft ActiveSync?

ActiveSync is renowned for being such a good sync app, one of the best in fact and it has a long history, starting as Windows CE Services and evolving into what it is today...

By the way, Sony DON'T make Palm OS PDAs outside of Asia anymore, having withdrawn to "review the market."

Basically, it became apparent that there is no future in Palm OS and unsuprisingly, Sony recently announced that they would shortly be releasing a Windows Mobile Pocket PC!
--
Posted: 2005-01-11 08:22:00
Page1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home