Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : What do you think about CommuniCam MCA-10
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > What do you think about CommuniCam MCA-10 Bookmark topic
monza Posts: 2

Im thinking about buying a CommuniCam MCA-10 and i wounder if anyone of you have one... (if)is it good, is it worth the mony and so on!!! What do you think.

Thanks
--
Posted: 2002-01-16 22:18:00
Edit : Quote

navy77 Posts: 37

Hi Monza,
Do it!!, It's a great gadget. Don't expect to get hi definition pics, but it is good enough for close range (1-3 meters) shots, some panoramics and any daylight picture you can think of.
Quote:
On 2002-01-16 22:18, monza wrote:
Im thinking about buying a CommuniCam MCA-10 and i wounder if anyone of you have one... (if)is it good, is it worth the mony and so on!!! What do you think.

Thanks

--
Posted: 2002-01-21 14:05:00

iwtbf Posts: 2

Hi Monza!

I got mine a couple of days ago, and I have to agree with navy77. Don't expect razor-sharp pictures, and the camera definitively needs a lot of light (sun-/daylight outdoors preferably) to get acceptable pictures. No built-in flash as you probably know.

The really cool thing about the MCA-10 is that it is a digital camera that attaches to your phone, and you are immediately able to send picures to anyone, anywhere by mail.

I had some trouble connecting reliably to my ISP using regular (GSM) phone settings, but with GPRS it worked as a dream (and those settings are not documented in the "manual").

The pictures are about 20k in size.

To sum it up: A bit expensive, but cool. Will be more fun and useful with the next T68 firmware release with MMS capability.
--
Posted: 2002-01-21 23:50:00

monza Posts: 2

Okej thanks, sounds great!! Will buy it and try!! (:
--
Posted: 2002-01-22 11:12:00

oldman Posts: 3

Quote:

I had some trouble connecting reliably to my ISP using regular (GSM) phone settings, but with GPRS it worked as a dream (and those settings are not documented in the "manual").

Hi iwtbf

I too had some trouble setting up the ISP part, Could you kindly post it here how u set it out with GPRS . Thank in advance.

oldman
--
Posted: 2002-01-25 17:20:00

john74 Posts: > 500

im still having troubles taking straight photos,its either to far left or right or to high (heads are chopped off)What do you guys suggest look in from the left eye or right???Apart from that it will make the MMS a dream.....NEEDS DAYLIGHT THOUGH
--
Posted: 2002-01-25 18:06:00

kallingen Posts: 282

How Much does it cost for you??
Here in sweden its almost 200$ (2000skr)... thatīs expensive!
--
Posted: 2002-01-25 21:38:00

phanse Posts: 7

got my camera a week ago...I'm quite dissapointed. too blury pictures. wouldn't buy one again

--
Posted: 2002-01-25 22:11:00

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home