Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : v802se help needed to find in tokyo
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > v802se help needed to find in tokyo Bookmark topic
jamers Posts: 16

does anione noe where to get a v802se with out being a resident of japan? and where to get it unlocked and flash to the latest firmware where no drm or anithin is needed to play mp3 as ringtone???????
thnks

--
Posted: 2005-02-04 17:57:39
Edit : Quote

niji Posts: 61

there have been several posts by some people in this forum that they know of place(s) where you can buy an 802se other than a vodafone japan shop. i have never believed this, and these people's posts have never been proved or authenticated.
yr question relates to buying it in japan.
however, i dont doubt that there may be some sources in hkg or elesewhere where an authentic 802se which came originally from a person who bought it through a vodafone japan shop and then just sold it to a shop in a location other than in japan. therefore claims about buying it outside of vodafone japan can be true.
however, if you need a vodafone japan service contract, you have no choice but to register with vodafone japan for a fon that is similiar to the 802se. therefore yr contract would need to be for either a 902, 802, or 702 series.
the DRM thing: i presume you are trying to be able to play mp3 on the 802se. this would be the only advantage of doing what you are tyring to do. other than the 802se has the japanese language pack and the v800 does not.
if DRM is yr main motivation, then in fact the DRM rights management software that was available until recently on the SE developers website DOES serve as a workaround. it is complicated in that you need to have a web site that you can download the mp3 file from, and, also download a rights license as well. but i can confirm that the separate rights managment file sent to yr mobile from ANY website is sufficient to satisfy the separate delivery firmware on the 802se. complicated and takes time, but it does work.

also, there are people who have proposed using the software called settool. it is said that this software can flash yr 802se to the state of a v800. if this is accurate, then this would solve yr DRM mp3 problem. however, no japanese language pack would be accessible, and you would need to determine the correct web/internet/mail settings for use on the vodafone japan network for this flashed 802se to be able to have data access within japan.

i hope you enjoy yr stay in japan.

[ This Message was edited by: niji on 2005-02-05 01:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: niji on 2005-02-05 02:09 ]
--
Posted: 2005-02-05 02:25:54

themarques Posts: > 500

I am trying to get my phone flashed to the V802 Firmware due to the fact when I receive emails I can only read the header..and not the message. You could try Akiba and see if anyone is kind enough to sell you the phone without a contract.
--
Posted: 2005-02-05 05:05:15

jamers Posts: 16

hey thnks for the help u guys gave. reali appreciate the help.i am enjoying my stay in japan it a veri beautiful place hope i can find one soon. and japanese are reali kind and helpful although most of the time i don't understand ur language.

PS: i heard of ppl getting their v802se from vodafone even though they are not resident of japan? do u think u noe how this works?

thnks alot
--
Posted: 2005-02-05 08:02:59

niji Posts: 61

jamers,
i am willing to sell you a v802se for 20,000 jpy.
this is ofcourse without vodafone contract, and without vodafone japan usim card. only the fone itself, and does not include any accessories that it originally came with.
pm me.

--
Posted: 2005-02-05 12:39:47

xiaoka Posts: 11

i was able to get my V802 unlocking (actually firmware reflashing) done in Hong Kong last week for only US$10.

I just got back to Japan and i need to figure out how to reload my vodafone settings... I'm waiting for my flight at Kansai right now, I'll post a followup when i have time this weekend I hope.

But the short answer is, you can get a reflashed V802SE in HK for about US$500. but from my initial impression... if you are planning on using it in japan, a much better plan is to get one in Japan for $60 from vodafone, and take it/send it to HK to get reflashed for $10-20...
--
Posted: 2005-05-06 13:10:43

kur0ryu Posts: 7

I have a 802se that I picked up in Tokyo, (got it from Vodafone using my girlfriend as the subscriber then cancelled the contract 2 weeks after) but Im having some issues with it. first off I removed sim lock using davinciteam. I can now use it here on the T-mobile USA network, but I am running into problems. First off, I can use Japanese input but when I try to access Japanese sites through T-zones, I can't view Japanese text sites, they come up blocky. Also when I try to send Japanese text through emails or MMS, the receiver gets it in blocks or ?????. This stinks, this totally negates the capability of having Japanese text support. Anybody know a way around this? I want to be able to communicate with my friends in Japan, and I thought it would work but apparently it doesnt.

--
Posted: 2005-05-17 18:16:27

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home