Esato Mobile
Regional : Europe, Middle East and Africa : The Egyptian forum
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > The Egyptian forum Bookmark topic
Page <  123, ... 697071>

mustafabay Posts: > 500

Telecom Egypt(TE) was supposedly going to build a GSM1800 network. Vodafone and mobinil both use GSM900 and supposedly jointly bought the exclusive use of the 1800 band for a few years. Of course TE is gouvernment owned and paying them is like paying the gouvernment and so TE recieved 2bil LE for giving them the exclusive use of the frequency. Heck why build a new network when you can make heaps of money just by planning to Of coure if you make 800mil+ LE annually in net profits, what's a billion LE to not have compition and have to lower your prices and then you'll make less profits??

I think Orascom prefers the Middle East so it can only have one or two competitors per country, any more than that would be too much of a pain in the ass and would be hard to make comfortable profits
Personally I prefer vodafone but I stay away from voda branded phones, but since we don't have contracts with phones and a voda branded phone is the same as a Sim free so why even think of branded phones
--
Posted: 2005-02-24 12:40:07
Edit : Quote

This is my first from wap and still nobody else egyptian here yet :-) So far this thread has been exactly like egypt relying on tourism :-D This message was posted from a T630
--
Posted: 2005-02-24 20:55:53

coolapostle Posts: 28

Welcome Egypt! Africa's third country @Esato. About getting more of your folks, try posting about it at popular Egyptian Forums on the net. Then there is Prodigits wap site. Somehow, more wap subscribers find Prodigits b4 Esato. Not sure about the links though...
--
Posted: 2005-02-25 10:06:56

mahora Posts: 11

Hello mustafabay,
I am another fellow Egyptian that is glad to share views- hopefully- on regular basis with you. I like the way you follow up on teleocm issue here in Egypt. I also once read a post by you in which you described the dilemma of buying a k700i. Strangely we share the same dilemma because I too want to buy a k700i, but was held back by many things:
1- The firmware available on the stock of k700i handsets in Egypt, since as you know, I want to be R2AE (the latest), and not R2AA, which had problems.
2- SE service centers in Egypt suck, as far as firmware upgrades are concerned (they have no clue about the issue, and when asked, they wondered why I was interested in f/w upgrades
3- The availability of the SE DSS-30 (or even 25) docking stations for file transfer and f/w updates.
So that's our Egypt, you can never be sure of anything in it, of course u know what I'm talking about

--
Posted: 2005-02-27 14:44:50

Davo_169 Posts: > 500

ive always wanted to go to egypt
--
Posted: 2005-02-27 14:48:32

Melik Posts: 249

me too,

greets from turkey
--
Posted: 2005-02-27 15:23:24

brix25 Posts: > 500

What's the coverage of the two networks outside the big cities (Alexandria and Cairo)? This message was posted from a T68i
--
Posted: 2005-02-27 18:38:04

mahora Posts: 11

davo_169
you are most welcome mate!
just make sure to give a proir notice so we can help you sightsee, and enjoy your stay.
--
Posted: 2005-02-28 11:53:59

Egypt's Populated area is covered pretty well although sometimes by only one network, but then that depends on your phone. Get a french phone and you won't have a problem anyware.
@mahora
Lots of salams to you :sigh of relief: now I'm not alone.
To tell the truth i've never been in a service center but I've never had any major problems either.
A used K700 I'm told is only for LE1300 because it doesn't have MS. 3 months ago I bought a T630 for 1150LE
--
Posted: 2005-02-28 17:39:45

Now i'm super happy with SE announcements today but don't have much faith in the K750 getting here on time to make a enough difference. :-l This message was posted from a T630
--
Posted: 2005-03-01 22:48:16
Page <  123, ... 697071>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home