Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : Three Contract Terms
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Three Contract Terms Bookmark topic
peterpan211 Posts: 151

Can anyone provide me with the FULL terms and conditions for a Three (3) Contract as ive just spent the last three weeks waiting for a Z1010 to arrive from australia and the price of £170 only to be told that if i put my 3 contract sim in any phone that isnt a 3 UK Contract phone that i can:

a) have the phone barred
b) have the sim barred
c) have my contract terminated...

can anyone clear this up...i dont hate my Lg8138 its nice, but ive wanted a Z1010 for ages and am well p&ssed at the OUTSOURCED IRATE ARROGANT PR*CK that i spoke to...

i would prefer the full t&c's so i can ring them and ask them which fcuking bullet point states that...

Thanks

sorry for the rant!!!
--
Posted: 2005-03-06 21:36:36
Edit : Quote

darrengf Posts: > 500

Im sorry to say but 3 are correct on b and c.
3 dont want you to trasfer your sim into any other phone by theres.

They are know to cancel the contract without telling you and bar the simcard.

3 give you a massive ammount of text, mins and a free phone for very little a month, They have to make there money back, so charge you for using other services. they firewall you in using only the 3 wap pages. If you purchased another phone from another network, that phone may be able to do something different thus three would loose out on the revenue.

So sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
--
Posted: 2005-03-07 19:05:20

devoiddroid Posts: 14

I thought that the main reason they added those specific terms were because people were using the three USIM's in non 3G phones, this would cause them roam on O2's 2G network which would cost 3 more money. I've been using a 3 USIM in an unlocked V800 for a few weeks and haven't had any problems as yet.
--
Posted: 2005-03-08 08:57:30

Thats what i mean the Z1010 i have is one of their own PREPAID handsets...

Its covered in there '3' Logo....and its always in a 3g area - so its not like im doing anything that will cost them money cos im using the same services as i would in my LG8138...im gonna wait and see what happens...if they bar it what ill do is kick off as they are barring something that DOESNT BELONG TO THEM!!!

--
Posted: 2005-03-08 16:15:18

619 Posts: > 500

peter..

not to worry..

i got 5 units of z1010 from sydney... i unlocked and debrand them all. we are using it on our network here in philippines..

just put any simcard on your z1010 after unlocking it.. or if want, debrand it so you dont have the 3 settings (for australia) in your z1010.
--
Posted: 2005-03-10 11:42:55

well ive been using the phone now for quite a few weeks and nothings happened so boll*x to them!!!

just need to figure out how to get it unbranded...

having a few teething problems - well head banging against a brick wall more like

currently pm'ing 619 whos a great help
--
Posted: 2005-04-03 20:51:37

CybaCowboy Posts: 314

It has nothing to do with them losing money on external services and everything to do with 3 having to pay extra 'cause you're roaming...

3's Australia's terms & conditions state:
* That you must live AND work in a "Video Zone" (3G area) to apply for service
* That you must not use your USIM in a phone or device other than a phone or device supplied and approved by 3

--
Posted: 2005-04-04 00:59:32

CybaCowboy Posts: 314

By using your USIM in a non-3G handset, you are forcing your service to roam.

In the early days, due to the hopeless network, a lot of people were roaming, costing 3 big bucks, so 3 changed their terms & conditions to ease the financial pain...

If you use a 3G handset, it's unlikely you will get in trouble because you're not roaming constantly.
--
Posted: 2005-04-04 01:04:42

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home