Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : V800 upgrade, reset to download music/video
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > V800 upgrade, reset to download music/video Bookmark topic
johnny_boy Posts: 13

I upgraded my T610 to a V800 and was surprised I wasn't able to download the 3 free music tracks (per month) or videos but everything else worked such as video calling etc.

I put it down to network issues and when it still didn't work a couple of days later I called Vodafone and they told me I had to perform a master reset of the phone as I was previously on a 2G tarrif and I needed the phone to re-register itself. This was from their technical support bulletin board.

I was dubious and tried just clearing the cache and all other settings, removing the battery while it was connecting etc. None of these worked.

I performed the first option on master reset which is reset settings and I lost my email account and a few other things but kept all the phone numbers and other stuff and I can now download the music and videos.

So, if you have an upgrade, do a master reset after trying a download before setting up the other stuff - it'll save time in the long run!

They gave me a reference number and said if the reset wiped any ringtones then they would compensate me for them but I just use MP3s with the DRM utility so it didn't apply.

[ This Message was edited by: johnny_boy on 2005-03-16 12:26 ]
--
Posted: 2005-03-16 13:25:45
Edit : Quote

Mmmm replying to my own posts, saves a new thread I suppose. Yet again I can't download the free music tracks and it looks like I'm going to have to reset the phone and lose my voice dials.

Is anyone else having this issue on a Vodafone branded phone? I'm hoping the next release of software allows it but I suspect Vodafone haven't set my account up properly. My wife's Motorola 3G Vodafone handset downloads the free tracks with no problems.
--
Posted: 2005-03-21 15:32:43

scotsboyuk Posts: > 500

@johnny_boy

This is the first time I have heard of this problem. If the problem persists then perhaps you would be better to claim a new handset under your warranty.
--
Posted: 2005-03-21 15:58:03

r2ck_p Posts: 2

Hi, yes I have just received the phone today myself. It was an upgrade from a 2G platform. I tried to download a video track using the Vodafone live options on the phone. When the phone finished downloading it came up with an error, basically saying it could be done.

Seem like the same problem as your having. How do I download my 3 free ringtones/video etc... a month?

Thanks

--
Posted: 2005-04-05 17:51:11

perform a master reset, choose the first option, use the phone lock code of all zeros
--
Posted: 2005-04-05 21:00:16

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home