Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : Misc V800 questions
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Misc V800 questions Bookmark topic
Page12>

dandoubledtwice Posts: 10

I was under the impression that someones photo from my phonebook would show in the external screen when calling?

What size do I need to make images to fit the internal and external screens?

Is there no way of shutting off the camera sound?

How do I find out my firmware version? And which is the most up to date?

thanks
-ddt-
--
Posted: 2005-03-25 20:06:34
Edit : Quote

Pallister Posts: > 500

Hi! Original V800 software doesn`t support Picture ID on the external screen mate.

You have to update your software..

By pressing >*
The newest software for decustomisaton from V800 to Z800 is called R1x019...

This software supports Picture ID
--
Posted: 2005-03-25 20:35:39

Do I look under software?
R1J002 is my version i think.

I have read posts on here about updating to the Z800, but I don't really understand how this is done?

-ddt-
--
Posted: 2005-03-25 21:04:16

Altezza_lex Posts: 107

If you update to R1S, it can display external caller ID. Try using the SEUS.
--
Posted: 2005-03-26 11:24:39

And how would you explain doing that to a dummy like myself. I know nothing about all this 'flashing phones' and stuff.

-ddt-
--
Posted: 2005-03-26 11:57:25

johnny_boy Posts: 13

Dead easy!

go to www.sonyericsson.com, download the latest drivers for the phone or install them from the disc that came with your phone, plug the USB lead into the phone and the PC, the memory stick should appear as a new drive on your PC - if this works, then you can flash the new firmware.

Go to the SE site (above), and choose support, type in V800 then look for SE update service. Clicking through the options will download a small java program to your PC which will then turn your phone off. It will go through some questions and try to install a USB flash device if it asks for file location, tell it the CD rom or the location of the downloaded latest drivers. It will download the update to the firmware. After it's ready to go, it asks you to press < and start, it really means hold down the left cursor on the phone and press the power button, holding down the left cursor until it starts updating, it takes about 10 minutes toflash the phone, when it's finshed, unplug the lead and power on the phone.
--
Posted: 2005-03-27 00:19:59

so looks like I am screwed because I use a Mac?

-ddt-
--
Posted: 2005-03-27 00:33:41

Bobajobbob Posts: 41

I would like to try this however when I go to the SE site and click on the Update Service link all that happens is that you get routed back to the start page again. The link is essentially broken? Does anyone else have this problem?
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 14:59:29

the_poet Posts: 92

Sometimes when you think the link is broken it is in fact taking a very long time to get to the next page, I have had this problem sometimes when updating a p910,

i have also had it with the phone picker on SE as well.
--
Posted: 2005-03-31 20:57:18

Bobajobbob Posts: 41

It was in fact the security settings in Firefox blocking the download.
--
Posted: 2005-04-03 14:01:48
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home