Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : V800 power on automatically?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > V800 power on automatically? Bookmark topic
johnny_boy Posts: 13

Last week, I switched my V800 off at night and left it on a table, I was surprised to see the outer screen suddenly light up about 20 minutes later, I opened the phone and the Vodafone SIM logo was displayed for about a second before the phone powered off. I put it down to me closing the phone while it was powering down and maybe interupting something.

I've since flashed the firmware to R1S025. Last night, I set an alarm for this morning and then decided to make it a recurring alarm at the same time. I then turned off the original alarm, turned the phone off and went to bed. At 1259 am, my phone lit up and my wife wondered what the light was, the phone had turned off again by the time she told me about it and this morning the phone vibrated as it does when you power on then didn't bother with the alarm. When I opened the phone, a good 10 minutes after the alarm should have gone off, it just asked for my PIN.

Weird bugs! Anyone else seen them happening?
--
Posted: 2005-03-29 13:34:36
Edit : Quote

sevastos Posts: 105

First time to hear that! Ghosts maybe?

Seriously now, if you had the same problem before and after the f/w upgrade, it will probably be something wrong with the hardware... Maybe you should give the phone for check in a service dept.
--
Posted: 2005-04-05 18:57:20

Vlammetje Posts: > 500

odd that

my alarms work just fine even when the phone is switched off, never had the error you just described. best take it back to have it serviced or replaced mate
--
Posted: 2005-04-06 13:22:35

redmott Posts: 2

will be getting the v800 in three days...hope it turns out to be a good buy
--
Posted: 2005-04-06 14:30:23

Displace Posts: 8

Hm, never seen that problem. Lol
--
Posted: 2005-04-07 09:29:28

johnny_boy Posts: 13

I've reflashed the firmware and it doesn't seem to have done it again.

I think it may just be a small bug, there are a few in the V800 software, especially the bluetooth, mine often shows the "<" for visibility when I hide the phone or doesn't show it when it is visible and when you go into the visibility option, you get the opposite option highlighted from what the phone is displaying. The BT bug happens very infrequently, normally when I'm pairing the phone with my Clie or other BT device.
--
Posted: 2005-04-07 10:31:22

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home