Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : De-branding WITHOUT a computer?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > De-branding WITHOUT a computer? Bookmark topic
CybaCowboy Posts: 314

I think I already know this answer to this question, but...

Is it possible to de-brand a phone (more specifically, the SE Z1010) WITHOUT the use of a computer?

On a loosely-related matter, what software WOULD I need, is the included USB cable the ONLY cable I need and does anyone feel helpful enough to E-Mail me the applicable software?
--
Posted: 2005-04-22 11:40:53
Edit : Quote

scotsboyuk Posts: > 500

@CybaCowboy

What are you thinking of using instead of a computer, a PDA, a smartphone? I don't think that it is possible unless there was software developed for such devices to unlock/unbrand phones and there existed relevant connectors.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2005-04-23 16:19 ]
--
Posted: 2005-04-23 17:12:26

gbrooks3 Posts: > 500

You can unlock without a computer with something like X-nemisis clip but you cant flash i believe, - as where would the firmware come from?
--
Posted: 2005-04-23 17:15:07

CybaCowboy Posts: 314

I was actually thinking more along of the lines of using just the phone, by means of a code or something...

A Pocket PC is a great idea, all you'd need would be the relevant software for a Pocket PC and a bluetooth connection...

More info on this "X-Nemesis" clip please (or a link).
--
Posted: 2005-04-24 14:02:00

gbrooks3 Posts: > 500

Its hompage is originally named

http://www.x-nemesis.com/
--
Posted: 2005-04-24 19:33:44

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home