Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : Unbranded V800 warranty?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Unbranded V800 warranty? Bookmark topic
xtrem Posts: 257

I have unlocked and unbranded my V800 to Z800.

Now I need to send it for service.

Will I still have warranty? Or do I need to flash back to V800?

I can't find V800 Eu4 firmware anyware...
--
Posted: 2005-05-01 15:49:36
Edit : Quote

fatreg Posts: > 500

at a guess you will need to flash it back,

fatreg
--
Posted: 2005-05-01 21:05:04

Cophia Posts: > 500

Vodafone will take one look at your phone and will know that it has been tampered with. Unless the problem is that it won't switch on...

--
Posted: 2005-05-01 21:11:24

xtrem Posts: 257

1. I'm not gonna send it to vodafone. a SE SP.
2. can they see even if I flash back?
--
Posted: 2005-05-01 21:37:57

gbrooks3 Posts: > 500

If you flash the phone back and change the CDA number back then they wont bother to check. Right now i bet you have a K700i CDA which might appear a little odd.
--
Posted: 2005-05-01 21:43:01

muppet Posts: 165

As I understand it, if you flash the phone and it doesn't impare the function of the phone, they still have to warrant it, especially hardware problems.

Still, it's obvious people here are just guessing (as am I) so the only way you're going to know for sure is:

a) Try it and see

or

b) Look up your rights as a consumer in your country. It varies from place to place, but SE can't make a rule that overrides a law of your country.
--
Posted: 2005-05-03 04:52:37

Cophia Posts: > 500

Unfortunately, the V800 is a Vodafone branded phone - as such Vodafone can state that by flashing a non-V800 (i.e. non-Vodafone approved) firmware onto the phone, it has invalidated any warranty.

However, if it was flashed by a Sony Ericsson service centre - you may be able to hold them accountable as they should have known better!

[ This Message was edited by: Cophia on 2005-05-06 07:03 ]
--
Posted: 2005-05-06 08:01:35

Cytech Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2005-05-03 04:52:37, muppet wrote:
As I understand it, if you flash the phone and it doesn't impare the function of the phone, they still have to warrant it, especially hardware problems.

Still, it's obvious people here are just guessing (as am I) so the only way you're going to know for sure is:

a) Try it and see

or

b) Look up your rights as a consumer in your country. It varies from place to place, but SE can't make a rule that overrides a law of your country.

if it's a branded phone, which has been unbranded, it doesn't matter which kind of problems it has, the warranty is voided since someone unauthorized has been tampering with it. .. ok if you change language version it's ok since this is very common and is also done officially by service points... doubt many offically authorized service points unbrand phones, then they are using none software for doing it since unbranding phones with EMMA II can only be done by those servicepoints which are HVC.

states clearly to their servicepoints that not to handle phones which has been tampered with, but in the end it's up to the servicepoints if they take it or not...
--
Posted: 2005-05-06 08:45:57

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home