Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : V800 Memory Stick Duo dissappears?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > V800 Memory Stick Duo dissappears? Bookmark topic
weaponofchoice Posts: 2

I am recently the not so proud owner of a V800. Whilst i like the phone im not impressed with Vodas contribution to the phone development. To get to the point I have a 128Mb stick but the phone selects when it wants to detect the memory stick.
When viewing memory status it is detected and i am able to manually move pics on the phone to it. However when i connect it to my PC (with the kit provided) the memory stick disappears! The only reason this becomes an issue is i am struggling to add my DRM MP3s as the phone memory is too small. As the file is protected i cannot move it through the phone menu and its not detected by the PC.
Does anyone have any ideas how i can add my DM files to it?!

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Mike
--
Posted: 2005-05-11 21:21:58
Edit : Quote

Vlammetje Posts: > 500

My mem stick has 'disappeared' from view on the phone a couple of times, usually after having it connected to the PC, disconnectiing it properly (with stop USB device and all) and then not finding the disk anymore on my phone.

Normally transferring from PC to the memory stick would work through the USB cable (or else use bluetooth, it'll store your items on the meorystick by default unless it's a game ), you just have to take out and reinsert the MS afterwards (on the phone)

You can move around DRM protected files on your phone and even place them on the memorystick through the phone file management option (at least I can)

It might be good to know that ringtones, alarm sounds and external wallpapers stored on the meorystick tend to disappear when you switch the phone off. When you store them on phone memory they will still be in place next time you switch your phone on
--
Posted: 2005-05-12 09:09:07

Gunslinger Posts: 19

I have a similar problem. My Memory stick is invisible to the phone (Z800). I have tried formating the card on my Mac (FAT 16), but it does'nt show up. I am unable to format the card from the phone (the alternative is disabled). Anyone have any idea as what problem might be?
--
Posted: 2005-05-23 00:22:03

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home