Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup : Can somebody help :)
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > GPRS, WAP, MMS and Email setup > Can somebody help :) Bookmark topic
Page <  12

mikaeleast Posts: 4

Hi.... Jan.
This may (i hope) solve your problem with your e-mail (outgoing).
When you are connected to internet (on your pc) got the start menu then to "run". Ping YOUR smtp server. change for example 1 for an a. (ping mail1.telia.com to ping maila.telia.com) you can use a-f.

Hope it works... Micke

--
Posted: 2002-01-20 21:26:00
Edit : Quote

Gaston Posts: 73

Most SMTP servers only allow sending emails from within their own domain. In other words: SMTP servers do not relay emails if the originating client is outside their own network. This could be the reason why sending your emails fail.
Are you using an SMTP-server that does NOT belong to the phone-company that gives you GPRS access? Then your e-mails are blocked by the SMTP-server.
Change the SMTP-server to the one from the GPRS-company.

--
Posted: 2002-01-20 22:42:00

Bjorne68 Posts: 63

Funny, i can send mail via my telia acount but not recive, uses R520 and GPRS.
--
Posted: 2002-01-21 08:38:00

mikaeleast Posts: 4

What i know you must have the ip adresses for Both pop3 and the smtpserver and fill out with 0 if itīs "missing".
So for ex. 111.11.111.11 became 111.011.111.011

Micke
--
Posted: 2002-01-21 08:56:00

jh67 Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2002-01-20 22:42, Gaston wrote:
Most SMTP servers only allow sending emails from within their own domain. In other words: SMTP servers do not relay emails if the originating client is outside their own network. This could be the reason why sending your emails fail.
Are you using an SMTP-server that does NOT belong to the phone-company that gives you GPRS access? Then your e-mails are blocked by the SMTP-server.
Change the SMTP-server to the one from the GPRS-company.

GASTON : thanks

My phone/gprs-operator is NOT the same as my internet-provider,..so I guess that could be the problem.

Another thing is this : my pop and smtp names are the same, BUT it uses 5 different ip-adresses. Meaning that if there isnt room on one adress for an email, it moves to one of the others.
So I have NO chance of writing in the ip-numbers on pop and smtp. I have to go with the names.

I can recieve emails,..this part works great.
Allthough a bit slow

I do know some people that have the same internet and phone-provider, and it works fine for those people. They are using the pop and smtp-names and it works !

So what you are saying, could very well be my problem !!

I'll have a go with this, for sure

Jan

--
Posted: 2002-01-21 14:50:00

Hmmm, tried to put my phone/gprs-operators smtp-adress in the field,..no success

Came out with the same result.

DAMN !

jan
--
Posted: 2002-01-21 19:47:00

YES IT WORKS NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaston : got it working.
First i tried with the smtp-name of my gprs-provider,..that didnt work.

BUT: I then tried with the ip-number instead, and it works !!

So in pop3 I have : the name og the pop-server.
and in smtp server I have : ip-number.

I'm a very happy man now,..thanks for your help guys

jan

--
Posted: 2002-01-22 20:23:00
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home