Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : v802se > z800 (cid29) and question re: gprs/wap
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > v802se > z800 (cid29) and question re: gprs/wap Bookmark topic
Page12>

slyguy Posts: 8

Hi all - this forum is great, thanks for your help. I have unlocked my Japanese v802se, the next thing I would like to do is debrand/flash it. I have the t28 service cable. Under software info I get R1G001.

My questions are as follows:
1.) I believe my phone is CID29, when I go to Davinci's files area, what should I use? There is a file that says CID29- CID36 upgrade. But I don't know if I should use that and there are a bunch of different files there depending on your region. (I can use other software too if I can figure out how to buy credits). I do not need Japanese Language support - just english - so which file(s) should I get?

2.) After flashing, I am scared of losing my data settings. I'd like to use the phone for WAP/MMS/GPRS connectivity. However, when I try to edit the built in account info in connectivity it says that it is locked. Hence, I'm not sure what APN etc it uses.

Thanks in advance!
--
Posted: 2005-06-17 06:31:46
Edit : Quote

simsphil Posts: 31

Hi and welcome Slyguy,

1/ yes, you have to use the "transform CID29 to CID36 file" without finalization (no credit taken), the best after that is removing your battery and begin again the process by chosing the file depending of your needs for the language, with finalization.

2/ after the "reset setting" you'll have to do, you'll loose your GPRS and other settings, so, go to www.sonyericsson.com and from there send the new settings to your phone depending of your network.

good luck...don't worry, it works...

--
Posted: 2005-06-18 10:09:08

Thanks for your reply simsphil - the SE website doesn't have the Japan settings; i've tried to search esato and can't seem to find the settings either and of course the phone says the profile is locked so I can't view and write down what the settings are.. any suggestions?
--
Posted: 2005-06-18 17:37:02

hiritos Posts: 1

I guess you can read japanese
Here's the setting for web and mms for voda jp

「Vodafonelive」の設定です。

「接続」「インターネット設定」「インターネットモード」「新規モード設定」
名前:Vodafonelive
「接続用アカウント」「新規アカウント」
「PSデータ」を選択する

名前      Vodafonelive
APN      mailwebservice.vodafone.ne.jp
ユーザー名  vodafonelive
パスワード qceffknarlurqgbl

一度「保存」して、保存した「Vodafonelive」を選択し、「新規モード設定」を保存

先程作成した「Vodafonelive」の設定

「Vodafonelive」を選び「機能」「設定」

接続用アカウント    Vodafonelive
インターネットモード Http
プロキシ使用 はい
プロキシ用アドレス vfkkwapproxy.vodafone.ne.jp
ポート番号 8080
ユーザー名 vodafonelive
パスワード qceffknarlurqgbl

以上設定が終わったら「保存」

「詳細」で http://ptl/menu/を設定するとLIVEの画面になります。

間違えないよう、慎重に入力してください。

「MMS」設定

「インターネットモード設定」「新しいモードの作成」

名前 MMS 作成

「MMS」を選択して「接続用アカウント」は「Vodafonelive」を選択してから
「保存」してください。

「MMS」を選択「機能」「設定」

接続用アカウント   Vodafonelive
インターネットモード Http
プロキシ使用     はい
プロキシアドレス   vfkkmmsproxy.vodafone.ne.jp
ポート番号      8080
ユーザ名       vodafonelive
パスワード      qceffknarlurqgbl

終わったら「保存」

「メール」「設定」「MMS」

メールサーバ  「http://mms/」
インターネットモード設定  「MMS」を選択してください
--
Posted: 2005-06-27 16:57:34

ofiaich Posts: > 500

ビックリしました!! スゴイ!!!

とてもいいですよ! ありがとうございます!

オフィーアク! (^_^)・・〜

[ This Message was edited by: ofiaich on 2005-06-27 17:03 ]
--
Posted: 2005-06-27 18:02:39

Hi Hiritos thank you very much. I cannot read japanese however. I did try and figure out the settings from your post but I can't get WAP or MMS to work on my newly flashed z800 (was a v802se). I do know that data works as when I use the phone as a data modem it works.

Any suggestions?

Here's what I've been trying:
First I created a data communications account called Vodafonelive
Name: Vodafonelive
APN: mailwebservice.vodafone.ne.jp
user: vodafonelive
password: qceffknarlurqgbl

Then I go to Internet Settings and created a Vodafonelive (WAP) account with the following settings:
Use the vodafone live data account.
Mode: Http
Proxy: Yes
Proxy Address: vfkkwapproxy.vodafone.ne.jp
Port: 8080
User: vodafonelive
Pwd: qceffknarlurqgbl
and I set the home page to http://ptl/menu/

And I've created a Vodafone live MMS account
Use the vodafone data account
Mode: Http
Proxy: Yes
Proxy Address: vfkkmmsproxy.vodafone.ne.jp
Port: 8080
User: vodafonelive
Pwd: qceffknarlurqgbl
and I set the mail server to
http://mms/

What am I doing wrong?!??!

Incidentally - from the Sony-Ericsson website, I was able to download the v802se WAP settings (sent via SMS in the product configurator page) and those settings didn't work either. They were different, the APN was vodafone, the user was ai@vodafone, etc.

--
Posted: 2005-06-28 05:44:14

Update I have gotten WAP browser to work by using the Vodafone KK settings (sent by the SE website). However, Vodafone live still doesn't work and MMS doesn't work.
--
Posted: 2005-06-29 08:02:36

jmovie Posts: 3

Hey did anyone have success with the japanese mms settings? I have a Imate jasjar and live in Japan.. I also have a songE 802se with all the mms and vodafone live working.. because it is a japanese model (but is unlocked) but I cant see the settings inside the phone..

Any luck
regards chris mcmillan
--
Posted: 2005-09-26 21:32:26

No - can't see the locked profiles and vodafone wont give me the settings
--
Posted: 2005-09-27 09:35:32

jmovie Posts: 3

and did they give a reason why they wont give the setting out?...
--
Posted: 2005-10-04 14:50:43
Page12>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home