Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : v800 stuck on opening screen / wont start - seems sim related
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > v800 stuck on opening screen / wont start - seems sim related Bookmark topic
elperro Posts: 70

Hi

I had my v800 crash and now it wont go past the vodafone start up screen (i am wait for a cable to change to the latest firmware). But in the meantime I cant get it to start beyond the opening graphic. The weird thing is it seems tied to the sim card. If I put another sim in it works fine.

Is there anyway of wiping the sim history - i dont even know if a sim keeps history - but its the only logic reason as to why the sim would stop the phone working.

cheers

Nick

--
Posted: 2005-07-11 16:02:05
Edit : Quote

jcwhite_uk Posts: > 500

Have you tried another sim? Also give the SE online update a try.
--
Posted: 2005-07-11 16:28:19

yeah i have tried another sim and it works fine. Thats why I thought it must be tied to the sim somehow.

I'll have a look at the SE update thanks

--
Posted: 2005-07-11 16:50:45

ok I have now tested the original sim card from the v800i (which is actually a non 3g orange sim) in my p910i and it does the same thing! It stops on the orange startup screen forever. So the sim is the problem. What I dont understand is how the hell can a phone crash corrupt my sim card? Does this happen or is this some freak occurance?

cheers

Nick
--
Posted: 2005-07-11 20:48:13

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home