Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : PivotHK k750i Silicone Case
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > PivotHK k750i Silicone Case Bookmark topic
Ralliart16 Posts: 13

There are many cases on the market for the k750i at the moment, and today I will review one by PivotHK ( http://www.pivothk.com )
The packaging is fairly decent and simplistic.

First impressions: The case looks nice and feels great. I've had silicone cases in the past and the case feels very smooth but not too smooth as to sacrifice grip. The organic anti-dust
coating is probably what provides such a great feel.

However, having such a keen eye, i noticed a few imperfections. They seem to be the result of an imperfect manufacturing process. The rounded edges of the silicone seem to be rough/ have a tear at the corner. Its possible I am just unlucky and received an oddball case
or it is also possible these defects are present on all of the silicone cases. Either way, this is an issue that needs to be addressed. If you look closely, they are noticeable. They are not bad
enough to ruin the case, but they are somewhat annoying and take away from the polished look of the case.

Fitment: The case fits like a glove. The silicone case is slightly raised on each of the buttons and has neat cutouts for all the ports and camera. Everything aligns perfectly, no complaints here. Some people will complain about how the rear (camera) portion of the phone is exposed. However, I feel this is a small price to pay for less bulk. I also have the Krusell Leather k750i case, and the leather flap that covers the camera adds a very noticeable amount of bulk, and not to mention it is a pain to unclip the flap and hold it out of the way while taking pictures. The screen is also exposed also. Pivok is currently developing a screen protector that should be out in the near future. There are many other aftermarket screen protectors available if you need one right away.

Use: I was a little concerned that the silicone would take away from the feel of the phone. However, after using it a little while, I am at ease. No extra difficultly was had while using the joystick or buttons. I did not have any problems with button sensitivity or accidentally hitting neighboring keys. In fact, I could go so far as to say the buttons feel better with the case on. The silicone provides some cushion for your fingers rather than pressing against hard plastic.

Appearance: The case looks great, no doubt about it. The silicone is also slightly transparent so the light behind the keys and such shine through. VERY little bulk is added, which is a definite concern among users today.

Final verdict: I strongly recommend this case. Pivot merely needs to work out the kinks in the manufacturing process and they will truely have a flawless case. And at 19.99 (incl. shipping), it won't exactly break the bank either.

[ This Message was edited by: Ralliart16 on 2005-07-22 07:45 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Ralliart16 on 2005-07-22 08:01 ]
--
Posted: 2005-07-22 08:43:56
Edit : Quote

PeterKay Posts: > 500

Nice review.

--
Posted: 2005-07-22 09:52:20

haynesycop Posts: > 500

I have to admit those cases are very cool

They look great, especially the k750 ones

I will definately get one for my new, whatever it may be

--
Posted: 2005-07-22 10:19:26

amnesia Posts: > 500

those cases are much more professional looking that I had expected.
I would love to add them to my online store but I'd obviously need someone to run that section of accessories for me.

--
Posted: 2005-07-22 18:34:35

pivothk Posts: 131

thanks for your review...

would you mind if we put your review under our website?
--
Posted: 2005-08-09 14:34:56

red_xvi Posts: 6

just thought i'd update this thread a bit, with my first post. the screen protectors for the k750i are OUT atm, as well as the cases/screen protectors for the w800i. they come in two forms, anti glare or true colour, and both are $7.50 USD (including postage).

they are both:
Design to fit perfectly Sony Ericsson K750i
Pasted by Electro-Static (No adhesive)
Anti-Scratch
Washable

i just got my k750i yesterday, and really thought it needed a case/protector of some sort. in fact, i'm so scared the thing will get damaged, i haven't removed the screen protector thing it came with, and won't do so till this arrives. i ordered the black OAD case and the true colour screen protector. it will probably take a while for it to make it all the way out here to australia, but i'll post back with my opinion of them both when they come.
--
Posted: 2005-08-31 13:12:50

pivothk Posts: 131

thanks
--
Posted: 2005-09-07 14:38:03

periferral Posts: 1

I liked the case a whole. I really think its the best design out there. I did feel the exposed camera at the back should be fixed. Im not saying cover it up and make it bulky or inaccessible. But here is a good example on what can be done.
http://mobile.brando.com.hk/SEK750iSiliconeCase.php

Personally in every other respect, the Pivot case is great
--
Posted: 2005-09-23 08:09:54

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home