Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : V800/Z800 Download Problem
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > V800/Z800 Download Problem Bookmark topic
thegetti Posts: 20

Ok here is thr deal. I have a Z800i flashed to a V800 now. Live comes up perfect as it should and i can browse no problems.

on checking the phone it says im using a V800 which is good. But here is the problem.

I go to buy a video and it says payment accpepted. I click on 'Get Clip' and the thing comes up saying do i accept the download.

I press yes and the progress bar comes up.

HOWEVER!

It wont go further than 0 and then says the item wont work or says Download Failed.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
--
Posted: 2005-07-29 00:01:24
Edit : Quote

anyone?
--
Posted: 2005-07-29 09:49:20

Vlammetje Posts: > 500

well there is always the possibility that the download itself is all wrong and needs to be fixed from Vodafones end. You could call them and ask them why your download isn;t going through after payment was made.

If that fails, get your money back from voda and give it rest for a while, it may 'fix' itself... or try another download instead.....

If all fails... you're in trouble...... I've heard rumours of the 'reflashed V800' not being identical to 'original branded' V800 but I've never seen proof of it.. it may be true though.... the flash files may lack a bit of code that will identify it as a true voda child to the network..

This is all speculation though.... try calling voda first and act stupid, tell them you have a V800 and that the download isn;t working
--
Posted: 2005-07-29 10:31:30

If i want to go back to the Z800i firmware that came on the phone so its sim free and unbranded can i do that?
--
Posted: 2005-07-29 12:05:57

I am just waiting for my new login to come through from TMS where i will put my Z800i back to a Z800i and not a V800.

Will this then make it as it came from Expansys? I also read on TMS that once you have used them you cannot update your phone using the Sony Ericsson Update Service.

Is that right? If so how come
--
Posted: 2005-07-29 13:17:22

Vlammetje Posts: > 500

It's probably right. There doesn;t appear to be any Z800 fw on SEUS anyway, so don't worry about that for now.

The reason you probably cannot use SEUS (I think) is that the 'ripped' files that are offered by TMS and others lack a few pointers that 'official' firmware do have, little things that identify the phone and firmware to the update server.

That's my guess anyway.

I once thought that adjusting CDA numbers would fix this, however I'm not sure if that is true.
--
Posted: 2005-07-29 18:24:47

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home