Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : General : Just bought a T68, and now i've got questions :)
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > Just bought a T68, and now i've got questions :) Bookmark topic
Page <  12

Indeed Posts: 67

I'm in London and using GPRS on Vodafone. Doesn't seem to work quite as fast as expected but its faster than dial up WAP. GPRS works roughly about 4 or 5 days a week.

Remember, dial up WAP is FREE on Vodafone in the UK at all times throughout he month of January. Make sure your using the Vizzavi dial up number.
--
Posted: 2001-12-04 14:57:00
Edit : Quote

jhb Posts: 173

Hi, what are the problems you are seeing? Can't login? No GPRS available at all? i have similar problems (once or twice a day)with Telia in SWEDEN, but there seems to be different problems every time. The problems are coming and going, not lasting more than a couple of minutes.

Sometimes the phone does not get GPRS access at all, sometimes the WAP servers doesn't work.

/// jhb
--
Posted: 2001-12-04 15:12:00

Indeed Posts: 67

Main problem is that there is no access to GPRS. The blue triangle on the bottom left corner of the screen above the reception bar is not filled in. Still, it isn't that bad at all.

GPRS can get expensive. I pay 0.02 English pence per kilobyte.

--
Posted: 2001-12-04 15:15:00

OK, just wanted to see if the same problems that I see are seen in other parts of the world...
...I have the same problem, but only when I'm home, not when I'm at work...
...actually most of the problems are related to being at home, might have poor GPRS coverage in the suburbs - which then leads to other problems as well...
--
Posted: 2001-12-04 16:19:00

I have found out that my GPRS problems has nothing to do with the phone. The problem is that where I live they are using Nokias base station controllers. They can obviously not handle as much signalling as other vendors (at least Ericsson ones according to a friend that works for Ericsson .

He also told me that it is the same reason that I almost every time get my calls dropped when speaking while driving home.

My friend pinned my GPRS problems on the fact that they were rush-hour dependant (more signalling to the base station controller than usual).
--
Posted: 2001-12-05 19:51:00
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home