Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : General : t68 and bluetooth
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > General > t68 and bluetooth Bookmark topic
Page <  12

Merkur Posts: 311

I have been using the Ericsson R520 since may this year, the T39 since August, and I've had the T68 for 2 weeks now. I cannot believe it needs a software upgrade in order to make the Bluetooth headset work. The software in T68 is soo similar to the others that I cannot believe this is the case.

However... pairing Bluetooth devices is still a little bit difficult. But the instruments work like a charm once paired.
--
Posted: 2001-12-06 01:14:00
Edit : Quote

davab Posts: 36

Oh well, luckily I have an upgrade centre not that far from me, was planning on the upgrade anyway, will just make it sooner rather than later now.

Cheers

Dave
--
Posted: 2001-12-06 03:33:00

jh67 Posts: > 500

Just talked to the service center.

To use the HBH-15 you DO NOT need an upgrade R1C for the T-68.
It works fine with the R1B.

BTW: just got my T-68 upgraded to R1C,..its a bit faster

The bluetooth HBH-10 can be upgraded,..I'm going to have this done tomorrow.
The latest SW for HBH-10 is the "F"version.
Only few service centers can do this, as the "machinery" is quite unique/expensive.
A headset upgrade takes about 30 minutes.

Jan

--
Posted: 2001-12-06 15:30:00

Hmmmm....maybe it's a headset problem then? No matter, just been informed by Expansys in the uk that my HBH-20 has arrived. Sods law really, got the HBH-15 as E/// shop told me that they weren't expecting stock of the 20 until the new year!

So as long as I like the 20, the 15's going back. Will let you know what the 20 is like

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=HBH-20

Dave
--
Posted: 2001-12-07 03:28:00

jh67 Posts: > 500

Dave, I thought about the HBH-20 as well, but cant get it yet. And I heard that it should be more expensive than the HBH-15.
Yes, please tell how it works out !

I checked out Expansys.website last week, have thought about buying the HBH-20 there, instead of waiting here in DK

BTW: it was an Ericsson service center that tried the HBH-15 with the T-68 (sw R1B), and it worked out fine,..so i dont know. It might be some sort of problem with the one you got.
I'm gonna get my "old" headset upgraded anyway,..just in case, I dont get the new one right away

Jan
--
Posted: 2001-12-07 17:15:00

Harleydog Posts: 417

How do you like the HB-20 and does anyone know about BlueSpoon as advertised by Expansy. Is it an earpiece that functions both as receivier and transmitter.

THanks
--
Posted: 2001-12-07 17:34:00

Firstly got the R1C upgrade, and yes it does seem faster, when I say that I mean scroling through menus and contacts list, don't know about sms as I'm slow anyway

Secondly for Jan, think I may have got my wires crossed over functionality of HBH-15 when b/tooth set to auto. With mine cannot use voice dial from headset, (i.e. push button for tone) but if make normal call headset picks it up as normal, also can answer calls as normal from headset when on auto, can you do anything else with yours? Also how do you record contacts through headset?, do you get the tone through the headset and the voice repeated through the headset?

Finally the HBH-20. Although Expansys are advertising at £ 163 ukpds, I collected mine and paid £ 145, whether their price is wrong on web I don't know but £ 18 seems expensive for shipping.

Headset itself is very light...too light really, it feels more like a toy and quite cheap, which it obviously isn't!!

Standby is 60 hrs, talk approx 4 hrs compared to HBH-15 which is 120 and 6 hrs according to E///.

The clip is pretty substantial but fixed, which I imagine could be a pain as *all* the controls are on the body of the unit, and very, very small. There are seperate buttons for talk and for hanging up on the front, and seperate buttons on the side for volume up and down. Why E/// couldn't have put the talk control on the back of the mic as with normal wired h/free is beyond me. With this design you have to retrieve it from your pocket to accept a call, unless you use full voice which cuts phone battery time substantially.

Operating distance is exactly the same as with the HBH-15 (side by side comparison) but voice quality seems inferior slightly. The HBH-15 has been crystal clear at both ends, the HBH-20 seems to be slightly muffled at my end (probably due to ear piece being in ear) and the same at the other end, (probably due to mic being by throat instead of mouth?)

So which to go for can't afford to keep both.....hmmmm, this is going to be a hard weekend .... now when's that new little nokia headset due out

Dave

[ This Message was edited by: davab on 2001-12-08 00:31 ]
--
Posted: 2001-12-08 00:30:00
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home