Esato Mobile
General discussions : Product reviews : My review of the Nokia 5800 touch
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Product reviews > My review of the Nokia 5800 touch Bookmark topic
Page <  1234>

vegetaleb Posts: > 500

I still can't beleive I got it for this price!!
For the battery the Nokia center said it doesn't have physical problem and they beleived it was a bad FW so they flash it with the latest one V11,I will get it back tomorrow morning,I will test the battery again.
So far so good the only thing low in this phone is the camera indoors photos and videos that go greenish and very noisy,in good light and sunny days the pics are nice(enough for future spy pics at the beach)
--
Posted: 2009-01-13 18:16:48
Edit : Quote

karlosperu Posts: > 500

we could see some photos taken with nokia 5800
--
Posted: 2009-01-14 03:29:16

silvan Posts: 14

This phone really looks like it has alot of potential, the functionality seems to be quite close to the n96, bar the TV, 16GB mem, Dual CPU, better camera ( am I forgetting anything else ? ) . The only real downside to me is the fact that it does not support nGage, does anyone know why this is ? to me it would appear that technically teh specs are there to support it. Perhaps they are just not bothered trying to come up with new controles for the game ?

O by the way, can you use Nokia Vine with this phone ?
--
Posted: 2009-01-14 04:15:14

alexlt Posts: > 500

Congrats, I think it's the first time Nokia UI looks great to my eyes Could we watch some pictures taken with your new baby please

Cheers
--
Posted: 2009-01-14 04:29:41

titus1 Posts: > 500

The camera is bad...way too bad. Can't see carl zeiss quality on it

The way to put the simcard is bad...way too bad.

The battery cover is bad...way too bad. Don't like the idea that the whole back is removable. exposing the camera lens and flash. Broke those hooks, you'll going to get a wobbly batt cover.

I'm disappointed...
--
Posted: 2009-01-14 05:49:37

Nitro Fan Posts: > 500

What makes me laugh is that this device is £235 SIM free! so why are people complaining about the camera? if you want a camera go buy a camera not a phone! My guess is this device will be very cheap on a contract in about three months time BUT there are some very interesting things still to come from Nokia this year and I am NOT talking about the N97! I am sworn to secrecy so I cant say more just wait and watch.....
--
Posted: 2009-01-14 15:20:03

silvan Posts: 14

Nitro any chance you can even give us any idea of either a release date, or a date at which they will be releasing more info about the upcoming news ? I might hold out if its not too far away ( 3 or 4 months ) .
--
Posted: 2009-01-14 18:45:22

karlosperu Posts: > 500

review gsmarena

http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5800_xpressmusic-review-308.php

pics

http://i.gsmarena.com/vv/revi[....]review/camera/gsmarena_004.jpg

http://i.gsmarena.com/vv/revi[....]review/camera/gsmarena_012.jpg

http://i.gsmarena.com/vv/revi[....]smusic/camera/gsmarena_001.jpg

--
Posted: 2009-01-15 02:23:48

vegetaleb Posts: > 500

Ok after 2 weeks of usage now the hidden minus:
-Right scrolling is difficult because it's very tight
-screen is dull under direct sunlight
-camera photo is as crappy as an old nokia 2mp in low light
-video recording in low light is ridiculous
-battery doesn't exceed 24 hours
-Bug in video playback :screen goes black. this bug is cleared with a soft reset

After all this device is so nice the first week you use it but one week later the problems begin to appear and now I regret I had not bought an iphone
--
Posted: 2009-01-19 15:05:06

Luci'sPower Posts: > 500

a new firmwire will be released soon

[ This Message was edited by: Luci'sPower on 2009-01-19 14:12 ]
--
Posted: 2009-01-19 15:11:24
Page <  1234>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index