Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : HTC : HTC HD2 discussion and unboxing Pictures
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > HTC HD2 discussion and unboxing Pictures Bookmark topic
Page <  12345678>

londonlad123 Posts: > 500

According to the rumors Apple are going to add a bigger screen supposedly. There aren't many good apps but there are a lot great hacks and tricks. There's a new documents tab coming to the hd2 soon. Office might be good for editing but not too good for viewing. htc are doing a good job of providing regular updates.
--
Posted: 2009-12-29 21:42:18
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

HTC Confirms that HD2 Gets Windows Mobile 7 on Twitter
--
Posted: 2009-12-30 16:01:31

voda_jon Posts: > 500

@masseur... yeh windows mobile 7 should be fun once it finally comes out...

I'm having loads of fun with the HD2, more so than i do with the iPhone... i'm loving playing PS1 games full screen and full speed with sound on my phone! And also all my SNES, NES and GB games as well... bought a BGS100 controller which works a treat especially with PS1 emulator.

And now have SPB Shell installed and its like having a new phone all over again lol.

Nothing better than pulling this giant out of my pocket and playing Final Fantasy VII on the bus home!

Which ROMS are u guys running? am using the 1.61 TUR WWE ROM and its great! Installed using the Goldcard method...

J.
--
Posted: 2009-12-30 17:41:12

well, by all accounts it might be 9 months away as they've gone back to the drawing board to ensure WM7 meets all current needs

I'm still using the latest official generic 1.48 ROM and haven't felt the need to update to the turkey/WWE 1.61 as its all running quite nicely.

I'm not much of a game player and must say that I had no idea such a wide range of emulators were available!
--
Posted: 2009-12-30 17:50:58

lukechris Posts: > 500

Masseur and voda_jon.
This is my first WinMo phone and was just wandering if you could reccomend any good (free or even paid) applications,
Thanksss
--
Posted: 2010-01-05 22:53:00

adnansanni Posts: > 500

Is display vivid like iPhone?
--
Posted: 2010-01-08 18:09:50

moreso I'd say, due to it being larger and higher resolution
--
Posted: 2010-01-08 18:12:48

@masseur: thanks.

I'm still confused to choose between HD2 and 3GS. @masseur could you point out some advantage and disadvantage of both phones? Cause you have both and have been using both.
--
Posted: 2010-01-08 19:01:02

voda_jon Posts: > 500

@adnansanni...

Positives of HD2...
*Huge display, which is very responsive and as vivid and bright as the iPhone if not more so!
*Easy to customise in regards to ROM updates and themes etc.
*Great camera (once u install the hotfix)
*Sense Overlay is amazing in my opinion.
*Has the geeky 'WOW' factor!
*Has loads of emulators and has the worlds fastest mobile based PS1 Emulator!
*Snapdragon processor which allows for proper multitasking!
*Phone will be getting a Windows Mobile 7 update...
*If you install Skyfire internet browser u get full flash support so can watch tv etc on the phone.

Negatives of HD2...
*App store is not that great (there are ways round this though!)
*Once purchased u need to install some must haves first to get it to be as reliable as the iPhone.
*Battery life not that great, i get about 1 half days out of mine!
*Screen can be too responsive sometimes.
*Still some kinks in the messaging app but these will be sorted out soon!
*Not as easy to just pick up and play with like the iPhone.

These are the main + and - i can think about... but to be honest my iPhone 3G has now been in its box since getting the HD2... i LOVE it!
--
Posted: 2010-01-09 11:36:05

@voda_jon: thanks man, it was very helpful reply.

--
Posted: 2010-01-09 14:49:19
Page <  12345678>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home