Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Windows Mobile : Windows Phone 7 won't run current Mobile applications
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Windows Mobile > Windows Phone 7 won't run current Mobile applications Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

badassmam Posts: > 500

WP7 had to be made from scratch for the sake of making a pretty OS. They have looked at the competition and you can see this with Facebook/Twitter integration for example, its all embedded and easily accessible like the X10. Its a more competitive package from MS for sure. The older 6.5 will still have support but with WP7, they are grearing up for a big change. I think they will go full force into 'Apps' which is why there is a standardised resolution, XBox, Zune and other things that they could cash in on. I know developers are peeved and having used WP7, I would imagine its harder to manipulate because its more of a phone and less of a computer like 6.5 for example. I hope its not going to offer less customisation for it to be simpler, I didn't know where to look for Task Manager or how to look to C: or memory card for example. It may not have been in the demo unit but I hope we are still able to access these. I don't want to lose certain aspects of the old OS, not sure how everyone else feels though.
--
Posted: 2010-03-10 01:23:13
Edit : Quote

Fredbenjami Posts: 2

Phone providers compete in part by providing support for as many applications as they can, and everyone is trying to catch up to Apple Inc.'s successful App Store, which has more than 100,000 applications. Microsoft is leaving behind tens of thousands of applications written for different versions of Windows Mobile that go back more than a decade.Few of those applications are up to today's standards. They're also designed for phones that came with styluses for precise input. Windows Phone 7 Series is designed for touch screens that work well with fingers but don't work with fine styluses.
[ This Message was edited by: Fredbenjami on 2010-03-11 06:28 ]

--
Posted: 2010-03-11 07:26:51

jms2367 Posts: 302

i am currently using a WM phone right now. there are lots of leaked builds for custom roms based on wm6.5.3. the start button are now placed in the bottom and the UI is definitely more finger friendly. but in this development itself, there lots of applications designed for the classic UI with the start button on top that doesn't work well. also even if the UI is finger friendly, most early applications designed for WM (as posted above) are designed not for finger input but with the use of the stylus. so it is sort of logical that WP7 series will not support the old applications because it is based on a different kernel and the applications must be designed (for WP7) for easy touch input.

but as posted by carkitter, i agree that it may not be a wise move to alienate the current old WM users (and developers) by abandoning this platform but to continue the development with both.
--
Posted: 2010-03-14 02:10:41

DrewVL Posts: 238

I think MS move is in the right direction. WM6 is a failure so moving forward with a brand new shiny OS and start from there will benefit MS and consumers in the long run.

With WM7, MS will target the high end mobile and business (this means when WM7 phone release it will have nice killer specs) in addition MS want to grab the mobile gaming pie chart which i think iphone doing very well as of today.

I myself was anxiously waiting for WM7 to release, so far i know Toshiba TG03, LG Appollo, HTC Obsession (which i think it's Diamond 3-should be available during fall season) Samsung Omnia 3 and SE Xperia 3 (not the x10) will carry this shiny OS and their spec is drooling!

Here is the updated news
http://www.gsmarena.com/windo[....]an_htc_hd3_rumor-news-1513.php
http://pocketnow.com/
[ This Message was edited by: DrewVL on 2010-03-16 14:59 ]

--
Posted: 2010-03-15 15:38:25

doministry Posts: > 500

This is the VERY BAD news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=14342#idc-container

It means we will all get stupid Apple's idea of "smartphone":
limited as much as possible.
If it will be true of course....

NO GO for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Posted: 2010-03-16 16:29:46

DrewVL Posts: 238

Oh....
but then i still want one tho i agree with you that Apple style sucks and i think it's kinda late to chase up to Apple ecosystem
[ This Message was edited by: DrewVL on 2010-03-16 23:12 ]

--
Posted: 2010-03-16 17:44:10

http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=14366#idc-container

Maybe we should just not believe it?!
[ This Message was edited by: doministry on 2010-03-16 22:53 ]

--
Posted: 2010-03-16 23:53:21

www.petitionspot.com/petitions/7seriesphoneboycott/
--
Posted: 2010-03-17 15:50:30

mediar Posts: > 500

WM7 seems to be a total disaster... It's going to die.
--
Posted: 2010-03-17 21:44:11

On 2010-03-17 21:44:11, mediar wrote:
WM7 seems to be a total disaster... It's going to die.

It will fluorish on market!

But I'm afraid it will be dumbed in profi context
--
Posted: 2010-03-17 22:06:46
Page <  123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home