Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : HTC : Just got an HTC Desire
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > Just got an HTC Desire Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

AbuBasim Posts: > 500

On 2010-05-30 20:27:21, weirdwilli wrote:
I miss my iPhone, while the Desire is technically the better phone, Android just doesn't feel as completely bullet proof as the iPhone OS at the moment [snip!]

The Desire's hardware leaves something to be desired as well:

- At least for those of us living where there's plenty of sunlight the AMOLED display makes the phone unusable outdoors. After having owned an HTC TyTN suffering the same problem I will never again buy a phone that can't be used both indoors and outdoors.

- And all HTC's phones using their latest 5 MP camera are plagued with the same problem: a large pink blob in the center of all photos when you shoot photos of bright objects. Look at GSMArena's reviews of the HD2, Nexus One, Legend, HD mini and the Desire and notice the resolution test shots from all these phones have exactly the same problem.
[ This Message was edited by: AbuBasim on 2010-05-31 06:17 ]

--
Posted: 2010-05-31 07:15:47
Edit : Quote

masseur Posts: > 500

finally got a desire today to play with.

so far I've turned it on an set my wifi key (it only excepted a hex key and not my ascii phrase!?) and tried mobile esato on the browser, and it seems pretty nippy actually, faster than the HD2 I had with the same processor

I'll try it until next week at least to see what I think of my second android experience, the first being that cheapo tmobile pulse running 1.6 (or was it 1.5?) which I played with for an evening
--
Posted: 2010-06-09 20:10:47

weirdwilli Posts: 415

Masseur, you talk about the browser being pretty speedy, which I agree with, however do you sometimes get a few seconds of nothingness as if you are connecting to a network once pressing enter to navigate to a page?
It'll go, but just almost hang for a few seconds occasionally before it starts loading and I'm not sure if it's just me with the problem, or if it's a common theme with mobile internet.
Cheers
--
Posted: 2010-06-09 21:35:25

Geezay Posts: 316

- At least for those of us living where there's plenty of sunlight the AMOLED display makes the phone unusable outdoors. After having owned an HTC TyTN suffering the same problem I will never again buy a phone that can't be used both indoors and outdoors.
[ This Message was edited by: AbuBasim on 2010-05-31 06:17 ]

I too live where sunlight is aplenty! Is the AMOLED on the Desire really "unusable" outdoors? It is currently topping my possible-phones-to-replace-my-xperiax1 list. That would be a shame.
--
Posted: 2010-06-09 22:35:26

@weirdwilli, I've not experienced that yet, but I'm only using wifi so far so perhaps its network orientated?

I've install HTC sync and done a sync only to find that it doesn't sync notes or bookmarks which seems a bit amiss? I also hoped it would sync my outlook emails (iPhone doesn't either, but WM does). I'm guessing the assumption with android is that you'll be using gmail.

I have to say I'm struggling a bit and the learning curve seems a little steeper than I experienced with the iphone initially, but I want to give it a week to get a fair appraisal.

I do like the styling and the screen is fantastic. I'll be interested to compare it with the iPhone 4 in a couple of weeks
--
Posted: 2010-06-09 23:23:29

I've warmed up to the desire now and do quite ilke it. Infact if it wasn't for the iphone this would probably now be my phone of choice. I guess though, that if its wasn't for the iphone in some part, this may not have been the device that it is.

anywhichway, I'm still looking for answers to a couple of things.
1. How to sync with itunes for music, video and podcasts.
2. Although it came unlocked from O2, it does have an O2 startup screen so how to debrand.

I'll be taking time to research these at the w/e
--
Posted: 2010-06-11 11:15:03

lemmy31 Posts: > 500

On 2010-06-11 11:15:03, masseur wrote:
I've warmed up to the desire now and do quite ilke it. Infact if it wasn't for the iphone this would probably now be my phone of choice. I guess though, that if its wasn't for the iphone in some part, this may not have been the device that it is.

anywhichway, I'm still looking for answers to a couple of things.
1. How to sync with itunes for music, video and podcasts.
2. Although it came unlocked from O2, it does have an O2 startup screen so how to debrand.

I'll be taking time to research these at the w/e

Hi Masseur, have a look at Double Twist player and its associated desktop companion....i believe its free at present : http://apps.doubletwist.com/doubleTwist/-395703074765864636 for your itunes synchronisation.

As for debranding, i think you will need to use the goldcard method as described here : http://android.modaco.com/con[....]nericifying-your-t-mo-handset/

Hope this helps

Regards

Craig
--
Posted: 2010-06-11 13:35:54

thanks for those links. I'll check there first!
--
Posted: 2010-06-11 17:56:53

James1000 Posts: 23

I find it is quite hard to see the screen outside. I usually need to find some shade. Well, I'm in Scotland so it won't be sunny all the time!

--
Posted: 2010-06-11 23:04:42

sigea Posts: 218

Been using my P1i and to be honest am completely satisfied with it, however the legend is the first phone that seems to have caught my fancy after a long time.

Have read a few reviews on the net and have heard about a problem with noticeably inferior signal strength on this phone . (http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/htc-legend.htm - reviews).

Anyone else experiencing this problem, and has it been solved by any recent patches/ updates.

Cheers

Sigea
--
Posted: 2010-08-07 14:11:22
Page <  123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home