Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : HTC : HTC One X Official Thread
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > HTC One X Official Thread Bookmark topic
Page <  12345678910>

rickster2kuk Posts: > 500

I really have given up on review sites.

Verge says that HTC ICS Skin is awful and too heavy and ruins ICS experience whilst Engadget says ICS skin lovely and light.

Verge says camera top notch and best in Android system, yet then marks it down for average camera quality - what?

Seriously, I think you need more than one person on these Tech blogs reviewing the device because reviews I am seeing (point in case the X S) are dreadful!
--
Posted: 2012-04-05 20:52:56
Edit : Quote

Miss UK Posts: > 500

My Partner has installed ICS on his Sensation and he dislikes too
ive not seen it so cannot comment

@ j0be it might be worthwhile keeping your iPhone aswell as your HTC One
It can be good to keep the best of both sometimes
--
Posted: 2012-04-06 00:36:15

I would have a real dilemma between the One and One S;

I had a look at the dummy One X in Phones4U, and to me, it's just a little too big - maybe I could get used it it, but I think for me 4 - 4.3 inch screen is ideal. On the flip side thou, One X is better spec wise than the One S which is 4.3.

Pentile display doesn't sound that good on the One S (although I'd have to see it working to judge) and also camera seems to not so good (even thou it's the same sensor). Screen is not HD either on One S.

--
Posted: 2012-04-06 11:03:11

Miss UK Posts: > 500

Perhaps playing with a live one
Might change the way ur thinking

HTC Sense is really nice system
Htcs are pretty known to have iffy
Battery life unless ur upgrade to a high
Capacity battery !

I would also look into this ones seal
As the Sensation had dust prone problem

Ps agree regarding display size
It will be hard for myself to reach back
To a 4.5 screen coming from a 3.5 iPhone
Lol

But those screens do have there advantages
Anyway go and play with either at CPW
And comeback and let us know what u went for
--
Posted: 2012-04-06 17:15:37

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Watched Phonedog's 2 part review by Aaron Baker of the One X the other day and i am thoroughly impressed by Sense4.0 in the One X as well as its design and huge HD display, at 4.7inch the HD resolution is a perfect match for powerusers, such a shame it lacks a memory card slot.

ps. I feel bad for LG, the Optimus 4 HD has the same quad-core CPU, 4.7inch IPS display, memory card slot, 2140mAh batt and DivX/Xvid support out the box yet has been ignored:
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_4x_hd_p880-4563.php
--
Posted: 2012-04-06 17:46:32

Glad they got the LED notification light - so handy if you've not got your phone on you all the time.

Just wish HTC would include a small shutter button - using the screen to take photos is a real pain. Even the iPhone has now modified the volume button as a camera shutter button.

Other than that I think this will transform HTC's recent downward slide.
--
Posted: 2012-04-06 17:55:21

SKIBBE Posts: > 500

LG needs to create a hype, and work on their SW! all thou the LG Optimus 4X HD P880 is some what cheaper than the One X does not mather, you still buy "a brand" that you trust
--
Posted: 2012-04-07 09:40:26

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Thats very true Skibbe, and after the LG Optimus 3D and 2X failed to meet expectations last year it seems nobody wants anything to do with LG.

Ps. Which will come 1st? Christmas or your One X???
--
Posted: 2012-04-07 15:34:24

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Was in Carphone store today(nothing new there) & a customer brought back his One X to the store complaining of yellow tint issue But I gotta say wow what a beautiful device. The screen is the best HTC have made & it has that printed on the screen look about it. So much nicer than the Xperia S crap. Really impressed with it. But I do hope the yellow tint issue is not gonna start with the HTC One X. Apparently the store said 2 devices had the issue & the customer said the One X got very hot

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574058
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2012-04-07 22:07 ]

--
Posted: 2012-04-07 22:58:52

Finally had a chance to play with one in the O2 store today.

All I can say is... wow! Amazing screen which seems to float on the phone, very, very slick operation and Sense 4 is lovely. Not sure what you are on about Bono about the X S screen being crap because X S screen is also very good, albeit different from One X as it's not AMOLED.

Build quality is very good, and overall I think this wipes the floor against the SG2 and will compete with SGSIII.

All in all a stunning phone.

But...

The size kills it for me. Far too big, it even makes the Galaxy Nexus look small (and that's a big phone), it was difficult to use one handed (as it's too wide for me), therefore if you have big hands, fine, but if you are like me with smaller hands it's a real deal breaker.

If they could have put the One X specs in the One S's size, then this really would be the perfect HTC device (minus that elusive shutter button).
[ This Message was edited by: rickster2kuk on 2012-04-10 19:35 ]

--
Posted: 2012-04-10 20:34:18
Page <  12345678910>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home