Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Apple : Apple IPhone 5 Thread And Discussion
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple IPhone 5 Thread And Discussion Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 474849, 505152>

etaab Posts: > 500

Apple and polycarbonate ? is that even possible ?

Didn't Apple say they were not going to support NFC because they didn't trust the security of the technology ?
--
Posted: 2013-04-19 23:16:47
Edit : Quote

Bonovox Posts: > 500

But NFC is a growing feature that people want now.
--
Posted: 2013-04-19 23:31:00

So is multitasking, Bluetooth and easier access to your phones file structure, all of which Apple completely forbid.

Call me a cynic, but I just don't think Apple have got the will in them to change and give the market what it wants. They try to tell us what we want. It should be the other way around. Their strategy worked years ago when iOS was new and fresh looking compared to feature phones, Symbian and other poor OS's, but in todays world with Android and the even more beautiful WP out its clearly not. Which is why they're becoming a little unpopular. Their phones do less, for more money and people are finally noticing.

On a lighter note..

I was in Boots (the chemist) last week, as I left there was a large queue to my right of about 15 people. Every single person in that line had their phone out and in one way or another I could recognise every phone as iPhones. They literally looked like a line of zombies with their iPhones. The 4S onwards have been very good phones, but I was so glad I had a non-Apple phone in my pocket. I don't like conforming.
[ This Message was edited by: etaab on 2013-04-20 09:13 ]

--
Posted: 2013-04-20 10:12:54

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2013-04-19 23:31:00, Bonovox wrote:
But NFC is a growing feature that people want now.

No no ... its a technology and feature that people had almost 2 years ago ... being able to have standards that work with credit card company's and banks so that transactions are secure and protected against fraud is what people want now.

Google's implementation hasn't picked up much steam with regards to security and protection against fraud ~ as in if I make a purchase using your android phone, there is no gaurantee that said fraud will protect your funds. Something right now that is being worked on in Canada.

Rushing into any technology for mass deployment is not smart especially in today's global economic unrest without securities to protect your hard earned spinach is not smart.
--
Posted: 2013-04-21 02:44:10

Even if widespread, i wouldn't want to pay with my phone to be honest. I prefer chip & pin better. A card is smaller and therefore harder to steal, secure with a pin and above all, still works regardless of whether my phone still has battery power left or not.

I can just imagine having no money on me, no card, my phone to pay with NFC and then suddenly the battery runs out.

Not a good situation if you're miles from home.
--
Posted: 2013-04-21 10:07:44

Miss UK Posts: > 500

Stuff tv seem to think maybe that the next iPhone will have
A 13MP camera to it would be nice if the case

I don't think I'm ready for NFC it doesn't look secure
And it will Prob be the theft of more phones on the way!

--
Posted: 2013-04-23 04:24:15

DSF Posts: > 500

The thing is that NFC isnt only for paying. It's more than that..

Eg:
- nfc tags: nfc stickers where you can programm an action. Eg: you put the sticker on home door with activate wifi command. Another one when you leaging home with deactivate wifi. Samsung has something called TecTiles.
- fast sharing: you don't have to pair the devices.. But with apple products you cannot even share a puoto via bluetooth. Thanks to jailbreak and AirBlue you can 'pass' this limitation. I even got a share button on stock Music app
--
Posted: 2013-04-23 09:39:24

Miss UK Posts: > 500

I don't think apple would allow that for wifi
It's always been a toggle option in settings as far as I've
Seen and used a iPhone anyway

I don't think I've ever used Bluetooth
On my iPhone ever the phone is rather
Fast at attaching alsorts in emails and sending
Btw that's what I do
--
Posted: 2013-04-24 15:35:45

NFC is great for sharing stuff, but theres not many NFC phones out there. In the UK at least theres very few places support wireless payment either.

I find the whole NFC tag thing clever, but for lazy people..
--
Posted: 2013-04-24 22:33:33

Bonovox Posts: > 500

http://www.iosdoc.com/iphone-5s-camera-dual-shot/

Apple copying Samsung & LG alert with dual shot camera
--
Posted: 2013-04-29 18:22:32
Page <  123 ... 474849, 505152>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index