Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Apple : Apple IPhone 5 Thread And Discussion
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Apple > Apple IPhone 5 Thread And Discussion Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 4849, 505152>

Bonovox Posts: > 500

Iphone 5 water proof skin

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V0ev2PUileM
--
Posted: 2013-05-18 00:48:00
Edit : Quote

Miss UK Posts: > 500

The goss on the forthcoming iPhone
Seems to be warming up online alot lately
Anyway

I hope this site is correct :

http://au.ibtimes.com/article[....]-specs-rumors.htm#.UZoqZGS9Kc0

--
Posted: 2013-05-20 16:03:17

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2013-04-21 10:07:44, etaab wrote:
Even if widespread, i wouldn't want to pay with my phone to be honest. I prefer chip & pin better. A card is smaller and therefore harder to steal, secure with a pin and above all, still works regardless of whether my phone still has battery power left or not.

I can just imagine having no money on me, no card, my phone to pay with NFC and then suddenly the battery runs out.

Not a good situation if you're miles from home.

I forgot out this thread.

Chip & PIN ... you have that on your smartphone ... chip = NFC and antennea, PIN that's something you know and use with your fingers. Sure you cannot steal a card easily on its own, yet you don't carry just 1 card on you at all times even when running to the market for a few minutes do you? No you most likely carry it in a wallet (ladies in a purse - same thing as a bag to us guys lol) ... a card can easily be left at machine cause its thin and light (out of sight, out of mind thing). A wallet can be stolen just as easily and quickly as a phone. The only issue with classic card - pin & chip - is that you cannot track it once its stolen or lost and found new hands. That phone can for the most part. If you're miles from home ... an internet cafe, encrypt and lock phone, call to provider to have it blocked from calls, arrange a replacement and you're good to go. The security is even if someone knew your digital chip/pin ... they cannot access your REAL account to make changes, for that the real card sitting at home would be required along with other authentication means. We'll see and this poses a VERY interesting conversation for various banking institutions and people across the globe.
--
Posted: 2013-05-21 06:31:28

etaab Posts: > 500

Apple are BIG tax avoiders !!
--
Posted: 2013-05-21 19:25:04

Yep after the recent Google,Starbucks and Amazon UK tax fiasco
--
Posted: 2013-05-21 19:32:00

Apple are probably the worst for it though. They do take the biggest profits from their products over Google. When they literally base all their finances in a country where taxes are much lower such as Ireland, it illustrates how much they're geared towards dodging tax.
--
Posted: 2013-05-21 19:43:46

Yes and it surprises me that Ireland can still afford being a tax haven. My family over there tell me the economy is terrible. But Google saying all transactions were done via Dublin and not UK. How stupid do they think we are?? We will hear more companies upto this soon i guess. Vodafone did the same
--
Posted: 2013-05-21 19:55:23

More than likely. Its just nice to see Apple getting a grilling for once.

Its just a shame Cook was getting the grilling and not the late Jobs.
--
Posted: 2013-05-21 20:06:54

It's not been quite the same since Jobs passed away. Cook has not really had the same impact
--
Posted: 2013-05-21 20:09:52

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Tim Cook is left to clean up the trail Steve Jobs and John Sculley left, I feel sorry for Cook because as I was watching this on Bloomberg I realized that all the crap they are grilling Apple for is stuff that was mostly done during the Sculley and Jobs eras at Apple. I've never seen Tim Cook so animated, and you can tell he's nowhere near his comfort zone, he kept diverting some questions to the CFO, Peter Oppenheimer.

Anyway, many more large companies are doing that, every large Silicon Valley company, most of the companies in the phone industry if not all etc... Business is all about making money and finding tax loops, when there's money to made or tax to be evaded even rivals will get together, just look at BP and Shell being investigated for price fixing.
[ This Message was edited by: Tsepz_GP on 2013-05-21 19:50 ]

--
Posted: 2013-05-21 20:48:08
Page <  123 ... 4849, 505152>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home