Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Accessories : Sony SmartWatch 2 SW2
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Accessories > Sony SmartWatch 2 SW2 Bookmark topic
Page <  123, 4 ... 101112>

badassmam Posts: > 500

Waterproof?
--
Posted: 2013-07-01 11:20:34
Edit : Quote

MyP910 Posts: 499

hmm...indeed, it is bigger than SW1, but the battery life is better than SW1. With SW1, the battery can last at most 3 days if you use energy-saved clock.

another thing that I like is the charging port. The port on the watch is a normal micro-usb and not propriety like SW1.
--
Posted: 2013-07-01 13:38:10

borg_ Posts: > 500

--
Posted: 2013-07-01 15:20:14

jplacson Posts: > 500

On 2013-06-30 23:31:46, etaab wrote:
Its definitely niche.

I don't recall seeing anyone wearing a smartwatch ever. I'd buy one for the fun novelty of what it can do. I don't think it'd be as essential as having for example a wireless Bluetooth stereo headset though.

I bought my SW1 for the novelty of it as well. I also have an SE MW600 and Jawbone Icon HD.... I use my SW1 more than both my BT headsets combined.

I initially thought I'd just use the SW1 as a gimmick. But it's actually quite useful. For meetings, movies, driving, and also as a proximity trigger.

Most people think cramming apps makes something more useful... quite the contrary.

I tried almost every SW app... then I just filtered it down to a few.

For Facebook, only 10 of my very close friends' messages show up on the SW1. Everyone else is filtered out. THis makes it quite easy to catch what my friends are doing, rather than everyone on my contact list.

For Twitter, only traffic updates get through. This gives me a constant feed on traffic here in the PH aside from using Waze in the car.

For meetings/movies instant mute, reject, etc comes in very handy.

For proximity to my phone, I use Automateit and created a trigger that works in the following conditions... If I'm out, and I'm wearing my SW, then a proximity alert is activated. If my phone is out of range or disconnects from my SW, then an alert is triggered on my phone to start beeping. (The SW always vibrates when disconnected, but I wanted my phone to beep as well)

The remote camera trigger is quite useful as well.

I can't wait to get the new SW2!
--
Posted: 2013-07-01 16:56:58

ceaser2008 Posts: > 500

@jplacson
Thanks for sharing. I always feel its very useful device to have and you have made my belief more stronger.
--
Posted: 2013-07-02 06:24:03

milukugiuniu Posts: 291

I was told on MAE that the battery time of SW2 would be 3-4 days for nomal use.
--
Posted: 2013-07-02 06:45:29

pt020 Posts: > 500

http://www.slashgear.com/sony[....]ith-july-launch-date-05289240/
edit:
http://www.androidcentral.com[....]atch-2-not-coming-uk-july-15-0
[ This Message was edited by: pt020 on 2013-07-09 15:57 ]

--
Posted: 2013-07-06 15:57:34

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

@jplacson,

Indeed thank you for sharing! This device is actually becoming more useful than I originally thought! For me I'd have to make a hard decision to migrate to Android, a quality and proven device with much software support to do so.

Love you're function for out of range where the phone sounds off >> if you've left it behind chances are you're unsure where it is exactly, echo location will help with the alarm going off. Nice thinking!

Remote Camera App:
- sure the sneaky man perves in us would like to sneak a picture of that hot girl but a real world use could be watching the baby in the other room, MirrorCast out to the TV in a picture-in-picture setting?? If Moto X lives up to the hype about its camera with hyper-next-gen-sensors ... possible that motion detection could be used for various things; catch that roomate that keeps stealing your Eggo lol.

NFC!
- I'm VERY curious if an NFC app, using a tag triggered upon entry to a car would a) launch an app on the SW2, and coincide with launching the master app on the smartphone to launch Maps, lower inbound call volume, have a specified caller list that is setup in advance to change for specific routes (work route = colleagues and wife/kids only, cottage = family & friends only, favourite sport night at the bar = the boys only), hmm.

PS: I'm really liking BB10 but Android just has so many possibilities and growth, I'm unsure sideloading with the current or with BB10.2 will support the apps that SW2 rely on. So, will the SW2 work with the: HTC One (Google Play Edition/Regular), upcoming Motorola X/Maxx, Nexus 4, and ??

--
Posted: 2013-07-09 09:48:31

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

Ok, looking at getting the Sony SW2 when available in Canada/USA. Anyone have details on global release dates?

Gracias.
[ This Message was edited by: Supa_Fly on 2013-08-07 03:36 ]

--
Posted: 2013-07-11 15:32:55

pt020 Posts: > 500

http://www.mobilefun.nl/40487[....]droid-watch---zwart-metaal.htm
They say they will have it in 2 days ... very tempting.
also the price is lower than in the Netherlands (shop is in the UK) .... the metal belt is even cheaper than the silicon belt in NL. (even that sending costs are very high 12€)
p.s.
Funny I ordered it yesterday and today got an email that it is on it's way
(still in Birmingham - UK)
But I paid for the metal belt 154€ yesterday and today it became more expensive... 166€
Lucky me,I got my sending costs back
[ This Message was edited by: pt020 on 2013-09-30 19:30 ]

--
Posted: 2013-09-28 15:53:46
Page <  123, 4 ... 101112>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home