Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : HTC : Considering buying a HTC One but should i?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > HTC > Considering buying a HTC One but should i? Bookmark topic
Page <  1234567>

Bonovox Posts: > 500

--
Posted: 2013-11-11 21:17:14
Edit : Quote

Miss UK Posts: > 500

Haha what u guys doing with Infra red ehh

Not a option on my iphone but I still have my 8210
With that on

@ Hans nice set (mac n phone)
--
Posted: 2013-11-12 16:16:55

hihihans Posts: > 500

Sound is good on the One. The supplied headset is also good enough. It was sqeacking and distorted the first five minutes but became better. After about Fifteen minutes they sounded crisp and clear.

--
Posted: 2013-11-12 18:11:29

Hans have you tried out the Apple EarPods as of yet?
Lots of bass and much better sound then the classic ones

Try emm on ur mac hehe
--
Posted: 2013-11-12 19:55:29

I heard Hans' phone when I was over in Holland last week. Them Boom Sound speakers are great Hans sometimes out the box dust can cause the headphone plug or socket to make it distort
[ This Message was edited by: Bonovox on 2013-11-12 19:05 ]

--
Posted: 2013-11-12 20:04:07

hihihans Posts: > 500

My One is supposed to be locked and branded by Vodafone, all I ever noticed was a sticker on the plastic sealing where canI find the lock info?
--
Posted: 2013-11-12 22:59:09

Supa_Fly Posts: > 500

On 2013-11-10 21:48:09, Tsepz_GP wrote:
The IR Blaster is a very underrated feature, I use the one on my GS4 a lot especially now that local developers are making Remote Apps especially for GS4, Note 3 and One for the popular Multichoice Set-top-boxes we have here These phones are going to make us super lazy.

I'm also impressed by the long range of the IR Blasters and how quick they are, last phone I had with IR was my Nokia N80 and its IR was slow and cumbersome to use, tried it once or twice and gave up.

IrDA ... man that is a technology that will NOT die! It's older than 5, 1/4" Floppy for crying out loud!

On that note ... I'm wondering how useful it is on your Multichoice Set-Top-Boxes ... especially those that have an internet connection. Should one's you have already be internet connected and the provider offering the service have an app that may serve you better for several reasons:

Setup reminders of programs prior to when they start,
Ability to have programs recorded again for later playback.
Ability to quickly opt in to new channels for content & possibly randomly opt-out (say 1 day in only, or 2 days, or 7days/2wks).

And of course changing volume, channels, etc.
(Then again the TV maybe at a different volume and not controlled directly by the set-top-box, and picture & sound quality or preset may also differ directly on your entertainment system and TV) hmmmm. I really have to think this when I get my issues resolved to setup a new place.
--
Posted: 2013-11-12 23:36:18

Marly Posts: > 500

On 2013-11-12 22:59:09, hihihans wrote:
My One is supposed to be locked and branded by Vodafone, all I ever noticed was a sticker on the plastic sealing where canI find the lock info?

From August 1. 2009 on, Vodafone NL usually doesn't lock contract phones anymore, only prepaid.
With Vodafone-exclusive models as only exception, but I don't think your One is a Voda exclusive, so it might not be locked at all.
Branding will probably be a Vodafone startup screen and a few Voda apps?
--
Posted: 2013-11-12 23:47:47

Hans just try another sim if you have one see if it's locked. That's the norm here too most branding is start up screen and few usually deletable apps
--
Posted: 2013-11-13 01:03:00

Is there not any www that you can check
On any info on android eg. Who phones locked to
If it's locked or what?

For my iPhone I use this: http://iphoneimei.info
--
Posted: 2013-11-13 20:56:50
Page <  1234567>