Esato Mobile
General discussions : Tablets : Xperia Tablet Z2
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Tablets > Xperia Tablet Z2 Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... , 121314>

Ricky D Posts: > 500

@u2jewel

No wifi problem for me.

And I just realised I mistyped my previous post I was actually referring to the .69 update (which I posted an ftf of on xda too).

There is still an issue with not waking up instantly from deep sleep and I have had one random reboot since updating (I've not had a random reboot since playing with Cyanogen mod on my X10!)
--
Posted: 2014-05-07 16:49:12
Edit : Quote

u2jewel Posts: 93

@RickyD

Wifi problem was because of this adblocker I had installed. Uninstalled it, and everything back to normal.

With regard to deep sleep, I can concur.

I notice it especially when docked to DK 39, and the tablet has entered deep sleep.
Double tap to wake does not work, and even if I were to wake up the screen with power buttun (which does the job without lag), the screen is unresponsive, and cannot swipe to unlock.

Still a bug in my view, but since other aspects were improved, it is still a minor victory.
Kinda like 3 steps forwards, but 2 steps back, so only a gain of 1 step forward...
--
Posted: 2014-05-12 06:02:19

@u2jewel

With regards to the deep sleep bug, I found that sometimes (about 30% of the time) when the screen is on but unresponsive, tilt the screen so as to trigger the auto-rotate, then double tap as though to wakeup the device, then it magically works ....sometimes
--
Posted: 2014-05-12 06:41:21

ofiaich Posts: > 500

Hi everyone!

I am trying to work out how to use my PC as a media server with my Xperia Tablet Z2 and can't seem to work it out.

I have googled, but seem to be missing something. I need to go out for now, but will try again and post back here later with the steps that I tried.

If anyone has any advice, it will be much appreciated!

Ofiaich
--
Posted: 2014-05-28 10:03:51

Hi again,

I know I need to be checking out DLNA but still no success to pair the Xperia Z2 tablet with the PC.

I can see on the tablet in settings, media server settings, and if I enter that sub-menu, I can see SGP512 and Share media shows I am connected to my home network.. - Your media is available on "my home network" network.

But the PENDING DEVICES and REGISTERED DEVICES are empty.

So I am wondering how to pair or add a device?

In Windows 8.1 control panel, Homegroup Sharing Options I can see my Xperia Tablet Z2 is there in the list.

off to search more but any advice welcomed,

Ofiaich
--
Posted: 2014-05-28 16:29:47

Hi Ofiach!

I suggest the following:

In Windows:

Right click the media folder you want to share
Go to Share with... > Specific people
Add 'Everyone' with permission 'Read'

On your tablet:

Install Root Explorer
Open Root Explorer and open a new Network (SMB) tab
Navigate to your PC
Touch and media file to open it

This doesn't need anything special and it works with files other than just media files.
[ This Message was edited by: Ricky D on 2014-05-28 15:45 ]

--
Posted: 2014-05-28 16:44:27

Hi Ricky D!

Thanks! What Root Explorer apk do you use?

Ofiaich
--
Posted: 2014-05-28 19:30:11

@Ofiach

Try Explorer by Speed Software or Root Explorer by Speed Software.
--
Posted: 2014-05-29 03:14:26

Just found out the NFC works on the front side too!

This is unusual and one of the few reasons I looked on in envy at the Nexus 10 which is the only other device which has double sided NFC as far as I know.
--
Posted: 2014-06-19 07:23:55

goldenface Posts: > 500

Bluetooth keyboard cover and stand is back with coming soon status.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/[....]sories/screen-protector-et974/

--
Posted: 2014-07-31 16:07:06
Page <  123 ... , 121314>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home