Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Android : Xperia XZ Announced
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Android > Xperia XZ Announced Bookmark topic
Page <  123, ... 676869>

DACHA Posts: > 500

On 2016-09-01 18:10:26, moogoo wrote:
well that's just great. no chance of that happening here in the US... press release does say global release. so maybe i'll be able to grab it from amazon or something? Then again, I may import it anyway just so that my fingerprint reader works and of course save on sales tax
[ This Message was edited by: moogoo on 2016-09-01 17:13 ]

This is the first time that I can remember that a phone was listed on Sony Mobile Website tight after announcement.
We might be getting the phone around the same time as the rest of the world.

http://www.sonymobile.com/us/products/phones/xperia-xz/
--
Posted: 2016-09-01 19:32:25
Edit : Quote

moogoo Posts: > 500

Dacha.. yes! it is a welcome change. but i may still import it just so i don't have to go through the trouble of re-flashing to a UK rom to enable the fingerprint scanner, the UK retailers tend to give better extras, and of course, save on sales tax. Unless I can find a reputable retailer in the US that won't charge me tax, like newegg or something.

Still would have to do the flashing to a UK rom..
--
Posted: 2016-09-01 19:43:14

McKinley Posts: > 500

HORY SHIIEEET!!!
The first shot of Androidcentral's sample shots awed me. The colour reproduction is probably the best I have seen so far. The other shots pretty much confirm that.
There is a shot taken from the Fernseheturm (Tv tower) that has a nasty yellow hue to it. It's easy to believe the white balance there is off but the windows up there are tinted. Just to let people know.

I am joining you guys who are getting this phone. I will be getting one myself and I will be happier than ever.
[ This Message was edited by: McKinley on 2016-09-08 12:06 ]

--
Posted: 2016-09-01 20:25:08

ascariss Posts: > 500

[ This Message was edited by: ascariss on 2016-09-15 20:19 ]

--
Posted: 2016-09-01 20:33:23

XperiaJunkie Posts: > 500

On 2016-09-01 20:25:08, McKinley wrote:
HORY SHIIEEET!!!
The first shot of Androidcentral's sample shots awed me. The colour reproduction is probably the best I have seen so far. The other shots pretty much confirm that.
There is a shot taken from the Fernseheturm (Tv tower) that has a nasty yellow hue to it. It's easily to believe the white balance there is off but the windows up there are tinted. Just to let people know.

I am joining you guys who are getting this phone. I will be getting one myself and I will be happier than ever.

Do you have a link to the shots?
--
Posted: 2016-09-01 20:48:52

@xperiajunkie - its in the review linked a few posts up.

@McKinley - i agree the shots in daylight look great but those lowlight shots are pretty horrid if you ask me. though i did not take a look at the exif info and who knows what the reviewer actually did when he took those photos.

@ascarriss - no video but it's discussed on the product page here: http://www.sonymobile.com/us/xperia/technologies/camera/ - from 1s up to 1/4000s but no idea what the increments are. manual focus is also discussed and the cnet video linked earlier shows that in action.

also question to anybody who may know. is the body made of plastic and glass with the exception of the back which is that aluminum material? the official video only refers to the back when talking about the new material. why the hell would they only put it on the back and not do it for the entire device? money saving? strange indeed...
--
Posted: 2016-09-01 21:14:17

ascariss Posts: > 500

[ This Message was edited by: ascariss on 2016-09-15 20:20 ]

--
Posted: 2016-09-01 21:35:09

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Sony seem to have truly given up on mobile, this seems to be a X Performance with some tweaks, they no longer seem that interested in mobile it seems.
--
Posted: 2016-09-01 21:38:38

it's definitely not their most impressive offering to date. Z5 Premium would probably be that for me.

but i think this device has a lot of positives after looking into it more. the camera is interesting and i look forward to playing with it once i can get it in my hands. i need a new phone and there's no way i'll get a samsung and the new nexus looks hideous. so sony it is. as long as it's smooth and snappy, i'll be quite happy.

@ascariss - the wording on the page isn't that clear. it does say maximum 1/4000 for the fastest speed but only says "a slower speed" for the 1s. so, potentially, the slowest shutter speed could be 10s or more. who knows. we'll find out more when people actually walk through the camera interface.

question: i have seen zero mention as to saving in RAW format. but they also didn't go into much depth with manual controls and such in the press conf either. if anybody has info on raw format, post please.

also, any good walkthroughs of the camera and other significant features, please post.

seems like the only part of the phone that is metal is the back. i have to admit that is disappointing.
--
Posted: 2016-09-01 21:49:29

XperiaJunkie Posts: > 500

The YouTube channel BTEKT briefly mentioned manual controls and there is no option for raw support. However I'd imagine it could be added at a later date as well as longer exposure times if it is only 1 second for the max shutter speed.
--
Posted: 2016-09-01 22:02:38
Page <  123, ... 676869>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home