Esato Mobile
Manufacturer Discussion : Samsung : Samsung Galaxy Note8 Official
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Manufacturer Discussion > Samsung > Samsung Galaxy Note8 Official Bookmark topic
Page <  123, 456 ... 141516>

hboy857 Posts: 141

Yet they say "The new Note is the best Note ever".

Anyway, that cover pic on that page is gorgeous!

What part of context and review you don't understand?

Is there any doubt that that Note 8 is the best note ever? NO. What verge's rating is telling us that Note 8 is not as great in 2017 as Note 7 was in 2016. Put things into context that will help you out.
--
Posted: 2017-09-06 08:45:35
Edit : Quote

Tsepz_GP Posts: > 500

Considering how much closer the S8+ is to Note8 vs. The S7 Edge to Note7, I can see why they rated it that way.

Either way, cannot wait to get my Note8 beast I simply cannot afford to go another year without the SPen. I wish my Galaxy S7 Edge had a WACOM Digitiser so I could use my Note 4's SPen on it

Ah well, not too long now.
--
Posted: 2017-09-06 19:23:32

Played with the beast today and OH MY GOODNESS THAT DISPLAY!

Early in this thread it was said this is a large phone, and yes it is BUT not at all as large as it looks on YouTube videos, in fact, due to its 18:9 setup and steeper edges, it's easier to hold than an S7 Edge, one can easily use a Note8 even without a case very comfortably, it sits so well in the hand and is well balanced.

In fact, a part of me was disappointed that it wasn't as huge as everyone made it out to be, lol, I was expecting a gargantuan device, but what I got was a device that has great ergonomics.

My hands aren't big but I found it easy to use the phone, ONLY gripe being the Fingerprint Sensor placement but that is something I can get used to, it's not as uncomfortable to reach as I expected. Man, people blow things way out of proportion

Now, that display, I played a few videos WQHD+@60FPS videos, and I was simply blown away at how incredibly immersive that display is for a damn mobile device, its absolute madness, you are literally sucked in to what is going on the display, there is no other mobile devices like the Note8 and V30, 18:9 Displays that are over 6inch make complete sense for someone like me, cannot wait to finish Narcos Season 3 on my Note8

I am thoroughly impressed overall.
--
Posted: 2017-09-09 15:53:13

daviep Posts: > 500

@Tsepz_GP i always found myself thinking my note 4 was smaller than it was in my hand but then seeing someone with a S7 and it looks huge!
[ This Message was edited by: daviep on 2017-09-26 17:37 ]

--
Posted: 2017-09-09 16:30:48

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

I have played some more with the Note 8 yesterday . I think the gold one doesn't look too good ...i don't understand the black front and gold back combo . I like the midnight black one though.

I like the dual camera and the 2 time zoom. The results seemed decent so this is very tempting. This combined with Spen makes this phone tempting. I will need to check the battery life though especially compared to s8 plus. I noticed that s8 plus seems definitely thinner compared to note 8. I might wait for pixel 2 too before making a decision about getting a new phone
--
Posted: 2017-09-10 14:47:16

badassmam Posts: > 500

Had the Note 8 for a day over the weekend. I'm not going to comment on size or design etc. because that will be different for each person. I still have a problem with the placement of the fingerprint reader, its stupid and annoying. The screen is great, nice and bright as well as sharp. Agree with Tsepz that watching videos is immersive but a problem I had with this more so due to its size was the speaker. Speakers will be covered by your hand when holding this thing and that sucks, I had to have headphones on because it drove me nuts.

My second gripe is with the S-Pen but I guess it depends on the user. If you're somebody who needs the accuracy of the pen then great but otherwise I didn't need it at all. I couldn't see one feature that I couldn't do with my finger so that brings me to the S8+ which is pretty much the same device with a bigger battery and better price. I wasn't able to notice any difference in quality between the cameras either so I do not see how the Note 8 is that much more expensive than the S8+. Personally I would get the S8+ and a PS4 rather than the Note 8 not that the Note 8 is bad, its great but the existence of the S8+ makes the Note 8 seem underwhelming.
--
Posted: 2017-09-11 09:50:54

Looks like the Note8 will be getting 4K@60FPS video recording, but I believe it will only be us Exynos Note8 users who get this feature, as we all know the Exynos8895 supports 4K@120FPS video Capture & Playback:
https://m.dpreview.com/news/6[....]eo-at-120-fps-and-28mp-cameras

The stupid Snapdragon 835 is what's holding everything back, only supporting 4K@60FPS playback and 4K@30FPS capture I really do wish Samsung stopped using Snapdrdgon in their other variants, this is not the 1st time Snapdragon has held them back. Back in the Galaxy S4 days the Exynos5410 was the 1st to bring HEVC support, but Samsung kept mum about this due to variants using the Snapdragon600 that didn't support it.

The Galaxy Note 8 also has 4K at 60 FPS video recording coming... soon
https://www.phonearena.com/ne[....]video-recording-coming_id98082

--
Posted: 2017-09-15 04:57:24

>500 Posts: > 500

Guess what's in the bag...

[ This Message was edited by: >500 on 2017-09-15 04:40 ]

--
Posted: 2017-09-15 05:38:06

aussieland1 Posts: > 500

Tsepz

Where does it say that the snapdragon versions are not going to receive this ? As proven by Sony xz premium and HTC U11 the snapdragon 835 is a beast so I really hope that Samsung will not stop using it

>500

Did you get one for yourself? If so I am officially jealous!
--
Posted: 2017-09-15 06:28:03

Ranjith Posts: > 500

On 2017-09-15 06:28:03, aussieland1 wrote:
Tsepz

Where does it say that the snapdragon versions are not going to receive this ? As proven by Sony xz premium and HTC U11 the snapdragon 835 is a beast so I really hope that Samsung will not stop using it

>500

Did you get one for yourself? If so I am officially jealous!

Not entirely sure here but if you are referring to the SONY being able to capture at 960p..wasn't that due to the sensor itself being able to do it rather than depending on the processor?
--
Posted: 2017-09-15 06:58:39
Page <  123, 456 ... 141516>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home