Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : Software, Firmware and Drivers : Help needed: T68 software update in U.S.
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > Software, Firmware and Drivers > Help needed: T68 software update in U.S. Bookmark topic
Page <  12

gomichaelkgo Posts: 183

It's called Verizon. They're a CDMA/ analog carrier.
--
Posted: 2002-03-05 01:47:00
Edit : Quote

wchong Posts: 6

gomichaelkgo,

Do you know where I could upgrade my phone firmware except in their service center in Wisconsin ?

Which service are you using ?

thanks.

--
Posted: 2002-03-05 01:57:00

gomichaelkgo Posts: 183

There are two options I have heard of:

1. Send to Wisconsin
2. Send to a guy named "Rob" in Philadelphia.

Rob is an active participant in the ericsson forum on howardchui.com his name is Ke3ee, I think. Rob charges $25 and you pay for shipping. It sounded a little sketchy at first, but aparantely hundreds of people have sent their Ericsson phones to him and I haven't heard of any complaints.

I still have R1b. I am waiting for the picture Caller ID function in the next firmware release to upgrade my firmware.

--
Posted: 2002-03-05 02:08:00

azndude Posts: 10

I called ericsson and they told me to send it to an address in Minnesota. My phone was bought in China and had the T9 english text support missing, so that means, I should be getting that new version that came out 3/4/02. They don't charge anything for the flashing (upgrading) just as long as your T68 is still under warrenty, and they can find that out by referencing the numbers on the sticker under the battery. Everything was simple and easy, but it does take them a while to get it done, considering its been a week already and they just (today) called me and told me they just got the phone in their factories for the flashing. Just expect a 2 week wait, but for those who cannot wait that long, tough luck... we're in the (seems like the only) country with no support, and no public availability for the phone yet.
--
Posted: 2002-03-07 03:30:00

krusel Posts: 60

that there is a support center for ericsson in wisconsin must be a huge rumor.....i live in wisconsin and when i called ericsson they wanted me to send it to minnesota...so why should ericsson send me to minnestoa when it could be done in wisconsin ?
the only place what i know what does the flashing is this robe weiss and ericsson in minnesota
--
Posted: 2002-03-09 02:05:00
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home