Esato Mobile
General discussions : Other manufacturers : Just had a look at Jans Site
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Other manufacturers > Just had a look at Jans Site Bookmark topic
Page <  12

evoke Posts: > 500

Ok jan thanks and keep up the good work! Just thougit u may have heard of such probs with the joystick in ur travels? Anay no worries! Ed :-) This post was posted from a T68
--
Posted: 2002-04-09 22:29:00
Edit : Quote

mhorton Posts: > 500

Sounds really hard though. Is it?
--
Posted: 2002-04-09 23:40:00

jh67 Posts: > 500

Mark ; You mean the "remodelling-thing" ?

Its really funny I do actually make it a bit harder on myself, because I dont just draw a new phone on a paper, and color it,...that would be easy,.BUT you wouldnt get a very realistic "3D-look". Thats why I use a "basic-model", and then remodel it.

It takes a long time to do these phones,..also because I'm a perfectionist,..I want every little detail to be right,..not just "blurred out" like you see with some remodelled photos.

I usually do about 15-50 drawings/sketches, before actually starting on the pc.
(for the silvermetallic 8000 serie, I believe I did some 50-70 drawings, and then suddenly I knew i hit the "right thing",..I could see it)

And of course I have to get the idea first, before even drawing it.

So its very time-consuming. All the remodelling shapes, colors, and so on,..and all the time, I have to think in 3 Dimensional, meaning getting the shades, lights and so on, right as well.
Just a single button that need to be shaped differently or made up, can take a long time.
It doesnt work, if a button looks 2 dimensional/or like a drawing, and the rest of the phone is 3 dimensional

With all this work behind, thats also why I'm always quite happy to show a new creation.

Its always exciting to hear what other people think, and if they have the same opinion as one self

The best design-experience I've had, was when I actually stood with the Bluespoon in my hand
This little thing I put so many hours into creating,..that was cool
Hope to get a lot more of those, hehe.

Jan

--
Posted: 2002-04-10 00:25:00

Superluminova > Oupss forget the last things, hehe.

I do these remodelling things in Corel-photopaint. I worked with this program for a long time,..and know every command, brush,cloning-tools and so on. In my opinion this is the best program for these kind of works. Got far better tools and options than almost any other program I know of.

When I work as a webdesigner, I basically use photoshop and Illustrator,..those are the good ones for webdesign.
CorelDraw, Flash, 3Dmax and some other programs I use sometimes.

I bought my Wacom pen in a computer-online store here in DK.

I believe a lot of the larger/specialized computer-stores have them.

Jan

--
Posted: 2002-04-10 00:36:00

Jan

That does sound hard to do.. I don't think I could do that, I am good at graphic design I can draw really well. But that I think is going a bit far..

Good stuff though.. Well done Jan m8
--
Posted: 2002-04-10 02:07:00

Thanks mate

Well its worth all the "trouble". You just have to be very patient all the way, to get a good result.

But to do this, one really do need a pen (like the Wacom),..its impossible to do using a mouse

Basically I do all sorts of remodelling, also humans. A friend of mine (a girl) needed a new haircut,..and I did this by taken a picture of her, and then doing it on pc Then printed it out, and she could take it along with her.
I've done some for "plastic surgery" too. I wont go into what that was, hehe
The remodelled pictures gives the persons a pretty good idea, of what the "real thing" will look like. Thats mainly why people ask me to do it.

Jan
--
Posted: 2002-04-10 13:56:00

Cool. I may have a go
--
Posted: 2002-04-10 14:03:00

lor Posts: > 500

yeah, i'm there now

--
Posted: 2002-04-12 15:58:00

Rickstur Posts: 260

Jan

First of all like your homepage

The background pictures are bmp type I can't store these on my phone when I convert them to gif the work ok.
Why do you make them like that (bitmap)??
--
Posted: 2002-04-12 17:00:00

Hi

Yes I noticed this part about my gif-images.
Actually they are gifs, not bmp. I never converted them to bmp.

It might be something in the coding/tags that does this,..or ????
I dont really know right now. Havent had the time yet to look it over.

Ok, its not really a problem, its just annoying

Jan
--
Posted: 2002-04-12 22:36:00
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home