Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : V800 Question (use 3 services with 3 sim card inV800?)
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > V800 Question (use 3 services with 3 sim card inV800?) Bookmark topic
Page <  12

Hal Posts: 14

I'm also in Norway -so you're basically saying that you can use the V-800 here in Norway, even though there's no Vodafone here?
Can you put a normal GSM SIM-card in it, or does it need some new type of card?

I really wanted to buy one of those ultra high-tech phones when I was staying in Japan last year, but alas they had no GSM support, and the few "international" models available (GSM and CDMA) only worked with a local service, so that using it abroad (outside Japan that is) would mean "roaming". Also, to buy a phone in Japan you need to have a permanent residency there, so no new phone for me.
(my "candy-bar" Sony Ericsson T-310 looked like it was from the stone-age compared to everything that was available there).

Anyway, the V-800 definitely looks more like the current Japanese models, so it looks like we might start to catch up!
--
Posted: 2005-01-19 19:07:06
Edit : Quote

Maxi Posts: 38

Hal:

Yes, my phone is unlocked so I can use it at any network I want. In Norway it's only Telenor who offer 3G at this point so that's my choice. It's working fine with GSM and UMTS/3G.

I have set the phone up to stream video and watch live TV over 3G. No problems.

[ This Message was edited by: Maxi on 2005-01-25 03:26 ]
--
Posted: 2005-01-25 02:15:02
Edit : Quote
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home