Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : V800 on Orange 3g
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > V800 on Orange 3g Bookmark topic
Page <  12

pitou Posts: 1

Razorbee, I have aV800 from Swisscom unlocked that I use with a 2G card from Orange France. My Sim will be soon being changed with a 3G Sim, but for the time being when I go on the wap.orange.fr I still have this crap portal.
What is the 3G portal URL?
Thanks
--
Posted: 2005-02-06 09:12:45
Edit : Quote

holistica Posts: 19

Just an update....

Orange are not selling the z1010 any more.
The information is confusing.
All current z1010 users have/had the latest sw r1k 010_eur 3
You can now get sw updates via SEUS but not if your an Orange customer.
SE told me that we have the latest sw anyhow, but I have also heard that the sw which went out on SE UK site last month was a newer R1L version.
Also the Orange 3G helpline told me they are waiting for new stocks of the z1010 in with the latest sw.
As Orange z1010 users know; the crashing of the phone upon receiving txt msgs when online or on a call does get very annoying indeed. This happens when ending a WAP session or ending a call. And sometimes intermittently when in standby.
They've had loads of complaints about it. I'm on my 4th phone already!

So... will they be replacing my current z1010 with a new bug free sw version one in the next week or two? Or will they be getting a new SE 3G phone in altogether?

I'll keep you posted.
--
Posted: 2005-02-09 17:38:40

whentheleveebreaks Posts: 390

We can only hope we get new a 3G phone. I was going to get the Z1010 but its not much better than the K700i i already have. I hope Something new (3G) from SE comes out in the new few months (that isnt vodafone exclusive) otherwise im going to change and not have an SE! I dont want to have to but i dont want something out of date like the Z1010 or go to another network

[ This Message was edited by: whentheleveebreaks on 2005-02-09 16:53 ]
--
Posted: 2005-02-09 17:51:37

360modena Posts: 2

Salut,
Même pb que toi, as tu trouvé une solution ?
Merci
Nicolas.

Quote:
On 2005-02-06 09:12:45, pitou wrote:
Razorbee, I have aV800 from Swisscom unlocked that I use with a 2G card from Orange France. My Sim will be soon being changed with a 3G Sim, but for the time being when I go on the wap.orange.fr I still have this crap portal.
What is the 3G portal URL?
Thanks

--
Posted: 2005-02-24 00:06:30

360modena Posts: 2

I advise you to go on ZE web site you can choose to download directly the configuration you need in the support area

Quote:
On 2005-01-20 12:52:43, akwwalker wrote:
Hey.

I've just bought a Sony Ericsson V800 unlocked, but am having difficulties setting up the MMS or the Browser for Orange, can anyone help me? a step by step guide would be really helpful.

Thanks

Andy

--
Posted: 2005-02-24 00:09:32

wapchimp Posts: > 500

The Z1010 has benn withdrawn
--
Posted: 2005-02-24 00:53:04

holistica Posts: 19

Update:
As Ive previously stated, Orange stopped selling the z1010 online a few weeks ago. They still have some in store while stocks last.
The most i could get out of the 3G helpline was that they have stopped selling it due to commercial reasons. Theyre so tight lipped about everything.
What they did tell me was that they dont have the k600 or z800 in review or testing at the moment.
But they are launching the nokia 6680 soon. Its under test. You can see it on their web site now too.

--
Posted: 2005-02-28 21:04:00

darrengf Posts: > 500

They are realeasing some new 3 g phones hopefully by the end of April / May and i was accidently told that SE is in the review with them as well as other companies.

I can only hope that they do get them. If they dont then Orange will no longer be no 1 and all the customers will start to vanish. This however i dont see happening.

Orange seem to keep its customers so I can only hope that they dont hang round too much in releasing them.

The Z1010 has been removed for further testing due to the SMS fault. They dont want the same to happen as with O2 k700i that they have been selling it a year and now the things doesnt work.

The reason why Orange and other networks change there software is due to network differences. What works with one doesnt always work with a other. Orange has a voice mail symbol, O2 and Voda dont. etc..

Be patient is all i can say. it will be at least another year or so before all the uk networks get there heads around things, but i think its about time that networks start talking to each other more to find out each other faults.

--
Posted: 2005-02-28 21:22:22
Page <  12

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home