Esato Mobile
Regional : Europe, Middle East and Africa : Rotten Orange
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Regional > Europe, Middle East and Africa > Rotten Orange Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

bobahiom Posts: 45

Ok people there are loads of threads for this do a search but i will say again MMs comes out next month.Never ring customer services get the number for customer relations and ring them they know what they are on about! From my experience it seems that do not have there own service centres they subcontract out to smaller telecommunications companys right, and the impression i get is that either a) orange charge them to "buy" the upgrade software from them, promotions or something who knows or that b) It's a pain in the ass to change orange pre installed software and they can't be arsed because it is up to the individual service centre weather or not the get the package to do it!I spoke to a service centre in slough who said no can't do it ur on orange, spoke to one in pocklington up north and they said yeah sure not a prob took 40 min.Didn't void my warrenty or anything BUT if anything happens to it orange will not replace with a T68i but an original T68m which is what the phone was originally.
--
Posted: 2002-08-07 14:44:00
Edit : Quote

superjoe Posts: 51

I had my Orange T68 upgraded with T68i software in June with no problem. They (Link Telecom, Keighley) just did it no questions asked and for free.
--
Posted: 2002-08-07 15:01:00

Eciton Posts: 11

I called a SE service centre in Langley on the off-chance today, and they said they'd received a fax from Orange just a minute before saying that they were at last allowed to do the upgrade! The girl I spoke to at Orange didn't know anything about it (she even called another department), but told me to go ahead with it. I think Orange might have lifted the ban!

I'll get my phone back tomorrow morning... I hope it still works
--
Posted: 2002-08-07 19:01:00

jackass Posts: 8

seems like orange turned out to be a lemon. This post was posted from a WAP device
--
Posted: 2002-08-07 19:40:00

jackass Posts: 8

seems like orange turned out to be a lemon. This post was posted from a WAP device
--
Posted: 2002-08-07 19:41:00

Bones Posts: 16

CPW have just refused to do it.....
--
Posted: 2002-08-08 16:19:00

Nightwind1973 Posts: 7

@Bones

I've just re-read the Orange T's & C's. The only way I can see the upgrade affecting your warranty is if you have taken out the Orange Care insurance.

All in all, point 14 of the T's & C's is most pertinent :

14 phones

your phone is not a part of your contract
14.1 Your Phone and Accessories are acquired by you outside the terms of you Contract
--
Posted: 2002-08-08 19:17:00

Got back my t68-->i upgrade today - software is now r2e006. It works and all appears kosher.

If you're near Langley, they're Premier EuroCom and their number is 01753 543712.

--
Posted: 2002-08-08 19:54:00

Bones Posts: 16

I've just been into another Orange Shop, and they blame SonyEricsson for not being able to get my 'phone upgraded! They say that Orange have no problem, its just that SE want people to buy a T68i and have therefore stopped upgrading all t68's!

Are Orange feeding their staff bullsh*t, or is he just plain wrong?
--
Posted: 2002-08-10 19:21:00

That's bull. Every time I've spoken to SE they've said it was Orange. And I know which company *I* believe...

Try emailing SE or Celestica, or trying other service centres.
--
Posted: 2002-08-11 12:32:00
Page <  123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home