Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : Do i need a 3g sim ?
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > Do i need a 3g sim ? Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

sapporobaby Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-05-19 21:37:38, 10ten wrote:
Just got my upgrade from 02 its a nokia N70 its a really nice phone but anyways back to the question do i need a 3g sim because im unable to make video calls

This message was posted from a Nokia

If you noticed, you made one post and got several different answers. In the time it took you to post this question, you could have called your operator and gotten the CORRECT answer. Doesn't that make more sense? Too bad common sense doesn't come in the box with the phone.
--
Posted: 2006-06-25 01:22:51
Edit : Quote

solidsingh Posts: > 500

ease up sapp
--
Posted: 2006-06-25 01:37:35

Quote:
On 2006-06-25 01:37:35, solidsingh wrote:
ease up sapp

@SS

The guy would get the real skinny instead of getting multiple answers with just a bit of common sense. I have three different operators that have three different ways of 3G implementation. I did not guess, I went to the source. I am sure everyone means well with their answers but no one has given the guy what he needs. The provider would be the best source for this info don't you think?
--
Posted: 2006-06-25 01:41:23

simpsons Posts: 273

Ok.. have M600i (3G) and USIM from Orange (Pay as you Go.)
What setting do I need on the phone to enable internet access through 3G speeds etc ?
Anyone help with what the setting have to be ?
--
Posted: 2006-06-25 10:56:02

jcwhite_uk Posts: > 500

You only need the standard gprs settings.
--
Posted: 2006-06-25 11:22:29

fatreg Posts: > 500

http://setup.orange.co.uk/

although i dont think the M600i is on the list yet...

so:

APN: orangeinternet
homepage: http://orange.multimedia/
username: a
password: a

should get you there....

fatreg
--
Posted: 2006-06-25 11:42:13

Does anyone consider asking the GSM operator? Does that involve too much common sense or are people just trying to get their post count up?
--
Posted: 2006-06-25 12:52:33

BobaFett Posts: > 500

not every of us handle so fast as many of us, might be this is an easy problem, but such threads can turn out later for a place for useful infos, so i have no problems with those. next to it, the operator itself doesnt know proper answers to many questions, according my experiences, sometimes i told them, how to make a setting or solve a problem...
--
Posted: 2006-06-25 18:53:48

Quote:
On 2006-06-25 18:53:48, BobaFett wrote:
not every of us handle so fast as many of us, might be this is an easy problem, but such threads can turn out later for a place for useful infos, so i have no problems with those. next to it, the operator itself doesnt know proper answers to many questions, according my experiences, sometimes i told them, how to make a setting or solve a problem...

Boba, usually you have great info. But to say an operator does not know if you need or do not need a different SIM card is pure fantasy. There is no operator on the planet that can not advise someone to get a 3G card or not to. Come on Boba. That was a bit weak.

As I said before and still stand by, the originator would have been better served by his operator than by those speculating here because as you can read, no one has provided on single answer. They are all dependent upon the individual operator.

@thread starter,

Dude, contact your GSM operator. Do not listen to anyone here on this. Get the best info from the person that is providing your service. This way you will know for sure.

*edited on a Mac PowerBook, of course. Mac: There is no substitute*

[ This Message was edited by: sapporobaby on 2006-06-25 18:53 ]
--
Posted: 2006-06-25 19:49:07

BobaFett Posts: > 500

oh, i ment it more generally, not spesific this case. just to keep to topic and umts. i recognized lately, that in my area is umts system aswell, so i called the operator and asked is it just testing or finally its 3g here too. she was amazed, how do i know that, cos it wnt listed in the area info in thir pc, so she talked to several other ones aswell, but nobody knew about it. how do i know that, she asked me. i said, very simple, its 3g shown on my display, not just the aerial logo ( had n70 that time ). then she said, maybe they wasnt informed yet. and trust me, this is just one of the many examples, i could offer. all i wanna say is, that sometimes we - mobile feaks - can get earlies infos, the the ones who are sitting there in the center and take calls. indeed, the starter of the thread could have give a call to the op center, but i am really not sure, if he would get a proper answer...
--
Posted: 2006-06-25 20:08:21
Page <  123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home