Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : iphone to be Announced this Monday?
> New Topic
> Topic Locked
Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > iphone to be Announced this Monday? Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

SloopJohnB Posts: > 500

Apple is known for being VERY secretive about its new products and projects. Apple probably has a very close group of people under effective surveillance, i mean, apple is been there for decades and no spy pict of their products has reached out to the press or the internet before their permission. We get ´info´ about the products but never a picture. I dont think its a bad system, it builds antecipation and the products are put in the market usually right after the official announcement. I think its much better than announcing a product and only releasing it 3-4 months later like does, much less irritating.

[ This Message was edited by: SloopJohnB on 2006-12-17 06:17 ]
--
Posted: 2006-12-17 07:16:01
Edit : Quote

Jools Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2006-12-16 00:41:20, apolloa wrote:
Judging by Apple's pricing I can't see any Iphone being cheap either.

Can you expand on this statement? Are you implying that Apple products are expensive?

If so, you obviously haven't done any recent like-for-like price comparisons, and are basing your comment on the historical myth.

If you had, you will see that on MP3 players, desktop computers and laptop computers, Apple are the same or even cheaper than their competitors, when comparing the same specification hardware...
--
Posted: 2006-12-17 09:36:15

Tiny Posts: 165

This is apples first phone...who's to say it won't be full of problems too? I guess we're all gonna have to wait till whenever it's out until we can start comparing walkman to iphone....
--
Posted: 2006-12-17 11:46:46

BobaFett Posts: > 500

Sapporobaby, did u see this thread? :-)

This message was posted from a R520m
--
Posted: 2006-12-17 11:57:38

fatreg Posts: > 500

tiny tiny tiny,

full of problems and apple?

dont really go in the same sentence..

the amount of R and D and testing that had gone into an apple product is insane.

take my mac for example. its been turned off once in 6 months so i could add some ram to it.

other than that its ran flawlessly. more than can be said for my old pc.

rock on with an apple phone i say.

fatreg
--
Posted: 2006-12-17 12:58:01

Dogmann Posts: > 500

Hi all,
Although i own no Apple Products currently i do believe my next Laptop will be a Mac especially now you can run Windows on one. To suggest the iPhone will be buggy on launch as it's there first phone must be a joke.

As Fatrg has pointed out the amount of R&D and dare i say it proper Beta testing IMO means on launch it will be a fit for purpose product. As should be for all products on launch IMO even i am very curious to see what delights they hold as by all accounts there will be two versions one of which will be a smart phone. So that's everyone with a Mac and a need for smart phone to start with that will buy one. They have the ability with their design ethos and flare to carve them selves a large slice of the market quite quickly.

Marc

[ This Message was edited by: Dogmann on 2006-12-17 13:42 ]
--
Posted: 2006-12-17 13:15:29

Tiny Posts: 165

Well the only apple thing i've ever owned is an Ipod and its broken 4 times now but i guess its a completly different thing from a laptop or a phone so I guess i'll have to retract that statement
--
Posted: 2006-12-17 13:41:02

SloopJohnB Posts: > 500

In terms of price, i read on gizmodo dot com that the iphone (non smart, withouth the qwerty keyboard) will cost 499 dol while the smart one will cost 639 dol (or something like that). These prices are not higher than the competition, a k790 costs 499dol in US (with no memory card and the iphone will have 4gb or 8gb of memory), and i´m sure a P990 is more expensive than 639 dol. Apple is inside or even lower than the market´s prices.

[ This Message was edited by: SloopJohnB on 2006-12-17 21:16 ]
--
Posted: 2006-12-17 22:14:55

La mouette Posts: 34

It has been annouced:

http://www.engadget.com/2006/[....]es-iphone-branded-voip-phones/
--
Posted: 2006-12-18 08:48:05

blackspot Posts: > 500

looks like a TV remote control.
What's apple going to use now if they're really going to launch a mobile phone?
--
Posted: 2006-12-18 09:28:50
Page <  123>

New Topic   Topic Locked
Forum Index

Esato home