Esato Mobile
General discussions : Rumours : Have a BAD feeling about SE's quietness (read for opinion)
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > General discussions > Rumours > Have a BAD feeling about SE's quietness (read for opinion) Bookmark topic
Page <  12

scotsboyuk Posts: > 500

@Asterix

I agree with you old man, comparisons cannot always be direct.

[ This Message was edited by: scotsboyuk on 2004-11-04 16:50 ]
--
Posted: 2004-11-04 17:49:54
Edit : Quote

richardlusty Posts: 128

Hi everybody. I feel sony ericsson has been doing an awful lot in the uk in the run up to xmas. firstly they released the k500 only a short while ago. its price aint too bad and it beats the nokia competition as far as pay and go is concerned. Plus in my shop they just released the z600 on pay and go for £100 and it comes with £15 free call credit! Now £85 for that phone is brilliant. On the contract range, there is the T630 for those that dont need all the most modern features, the k700 for those that want the modern features, and the s700's for those with more money than sense such as myself! So the last thing that sony ericsson should do is flood the market with tons of phones all the time. that would only confuse consumers and when they are trying to drag people away from nokia that is the last thing the company needs. Since workin in a phone shop, i swear the around 95% of the phones i sell are sony ericsson, so if u ever come to northern ireland and see any1 with a sony ericsson phone, likely hood is... i converted them!
--
Posted: 2004-11-04 18:39:57

scotsboyuk Posts: > 500

@richardlusty

Which shop do you work in?
--
Posted: 2004-11-04 19:31:50

skaroger867 Posts: 190

i believe that SE didnt want to push some new phone out there just for x-mas to make a few quick bucks. but just to put that extra time into the new phones and make them worth the wait. i for one cant wait to see the line up
--
Posted: 2004-11-09 00:15:14

icedog445 Posts: 84

Just letting you know Nokia isnt the least bit worried about SE taking their market share.Its samsung and Motorola that they are worried about.Especially samsung because they have a lot of momentum and are the quickest growing Mobile Phone Manufacturer by a lot.Not 100%..correct me if I'm wrong. SE should not be compared to Nokia but rather siemens and LG because those are SE main competitors.Sure Nokia and SE have phones that rival each other but Nokia is not going to waste its time fighting SE which has i think 7 or 8 % of the marketshare.Nokia is trying to defeat Samsung and Motorola to reclaim its spot as the best known mobile phone carrier by a lot.
--
Posted: 2004-11-09 00:24:13

jcwhite_uk Posts: > 500

Wait a minute! I havent heard that lamborgini are releasing a new car for a while. Oh well, they must be going bust!
--
Posted: 2004-11-09 00:33:29

WelshTom Posts: 364

guys what you have to remember is that most the people on this site don't represent the main market that the phone manufacturers are concerned with! the big buisness is the middle end phones that your average joe is going to be satisified with not the high end all singing and dancing phones most people on this site crave. and for the main market sony ericsson have just released the k500, right in time for christmas! its a great phone with great features and at a price that makes it accessible to the many on both pay as you go and contract! you just have to look at the size of the marketing campaigne se has launched for this phone to see that they have high hopes for this phone in the run up to christmas, there are adverts everywhere (well at least where i live there are!) also the k700 although a few months old is still right up there with the best phones! and has seen out its 'introducrtion' period and as such is now being offered for free with most contracts! this is simply a superb phone and for free - who can complain?! i agree it is frustrating waiting for new models but the high end phones, such as p1000 or whatever it will be called, simply dont have as big a market and are v.expensive to develop! this why they are released few and far between! se has actually been v.clever by improving the p900 and bringing out the p910 as it has breathed a final bit of life into the p9*0 series just in time for christmas to atract a few more sales. i don't expect a new p series phone untill Q3 next year and i dont think it matters as i feel the p9*0 phones are still amazing phones that are ahead (in my opinion) or at least equal to the competition and i dont see any new phones on the horrizon from any manufacturers that will change this! when the P1000 comes out it will blow us away! but we must be patient! and as for sony ericsson falling behind - i think you are very much mistaken!
--
Posted: 2004-11-09 00:58:13

kenx3000 Posts: 160

True that Sony Ericsson shouldn't be compared with Nokia, but with Siemens? Nah, Siemens is pretty much the bottom line for Market. Sony Ericsson shouldn't be compared to Nokia in terms of marketing but phones issues we look to should be compared. Nokia had been hurt enough on T610's first relase and Samsung who had been knocking Nokia's head very hard. Sony E is slowly gaining at a slow pace, but my worries is its too slow for them. Nokia's high end phone couldn't compete with SE's high end phone since SE is better in phone matters, but SE's price is why people decided to choose other product since it's too high comparing to Nokia's low price.

In my opinion, SE does release good phones, but it doesn't meet majority of people's needs. K500i's release could fight on market, but would it be able to fight against Nokia phones that comes out 2-5 phones at a time and rapidly? No and I haven't even mentioned other phone companies that are also releasing phones. Main issue should also be SE's pricing since they couldn't press down the price as low as Nokia's that's the main reason SE is going at a very slow pace. If SE's phone price is equal to Nokia then SE would be better off.

My main post is about Flip phones that SE had been very quiet about it. Z500a isn't the solution to people's needs. SE knows K700 flip phone form is also people's needs. They will release it, but may be just not quite yet. Flaws on K700i had been all over the place on Memory Expansion issue and also Megapixel camera and EDGE. S700i and S710a could substitute the main issue, but its still new to GSM markets and people still remain with flip phones. SE will improve similar to V800 but not vodafone branded. But even if the best phones came out, the price will make SE lose their customers since its way too high. What I also said is that SE never actually release 1 phone, they come in more than 1 and in both candy bar and flip designs. Just like whtn Z600 and T630 came together and people choose for themselves. That's what we want for the K700i and S700i that it comes in other forms.
--
Posted: 2004-11-09 01:26:58

sieg dante Posts: 89

I heard that samsung is ready to beat nokia by next year
--
Posted: 2004-11-09 11:52:29

duo_m Posts: 198

huh?
--
Posted: 2004-12-02 04:46:37