Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : V800 - No signal when closed, full signal when opened
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > V800 - No signal when closed, full signal when opened Bookmark topic
Page <  123>

Strider420 Posts: 112

But of course it is one thing to lose 1 or 2 bars of signal when you close the clamshell. Completely losing service and having all of your calls roll over to voice mail is another story completely.

I'm happy to say that my phone is now fixed and working perfectly. I have also updated the firmware to R1AB013 and am falling in love with it all over again
--
Posted: 2005-06-08 17:35:09
Edit : Quote

BobaFett Posts: > 500

and we have such bugs in 2005... instead of high quality pix se should try to release fones without such faulties, i dont think thats so hard. wow, i have better reception after an upgrade, it sounds like a bad joke.
--
Posted: 2005-06-09 00:13:35

Temanga Posts: 2

Thanks for the replies.

I suspect I'm in denial, but I think it may be a firmware/software issue. E.g. sometimes, the phone will be open with "No network available." on the display and full signal, yet you can still recieve calls.

Now....any clues as to how to update the firmware without the USB cable. (Of course, being a cretin, I have left this in the UK....)
--
Posted: 2005-06-13 16:45:09

abreikze Posts: 1

HI guys,

It's my first post here and i got the same problem ... I'm just wondring how SE did something like that in the time that V800 expensive mobile phone..
Any solve?????
--
Posted: 2005-06-25 14:48:46

TeenInvader Posts: 398

I may think that its just the fault on the phone it self.

My V800 is superb, except that I don't like the branding (Vodafone).
--
Posted: 2005-06-29 12:53:19

lug Posts: 23

I had the same problem, I solved it by replacing the antenna cable (white cable connecting the antenna behind the LCD screen to the phone PCB - where the keypad is). Now the signal strength is exactly the same wether open or closed!! If you search eBay you can find the cable for sale.

Good luck.
--
Posted: 2005-09-21 22:09:31

Phoebus Posts: 60

Had the exact same problem with my Z800i.

Took it to my local SE service center (phone was still under warranty).

When I picked it up, the form I signed had some scribblings regarding an antenna (I didn't pay too much attention unfortunately).

They also updated my phone to the latest one.

Phone now works perfectly fine, without any problems. I'm pretty sure it's not a firmware problem.
--
Posted: 2005-09-21 23:45:22

korokuken Posts: 1

its either that the antenna is loose or the antenna snapped... same thing happened to me while i was in Hong Kong, took it to one of those service centres and the guy told me the Antenna was busted... got it fixed in an hour and now it works very well Its a common problem to a lot of v800 converted to z800

yay my first post!

[ This Message was edited by: korokuken on 2005-09-22 23:19 ]
--
Posted: 2005-09-23 00:19:07

pratikgr Posts: 2

I bought antenna from ebay and replaced. Everything is fine now. It's the antenna which was shortned
--
Posted: 2005-12-29 17:29:52

r_supp Posts: 2

Hi, just had my 4 mnth old V800 in to SE under warranty with signal dropping out when closed. Fixed in 2 days and the Repair Description read "Verified fault, reception drops off when flip is closed. Replaced coax cable, cleaned internals, and realigned contacts. Tested to specs all OK." In other words it was a hardware fault to do with the antenna cable. Good luck getting it fixed.

[ This Message was edited by: r_supp on 2006-01-12 09:45 ]
--
Posted: 2006-01-12 10:40:03
Page <  123>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home