Esato Mobile
Sony Ericsson / Sony : UMTS / 3G : New Firmware for Z800 / V800 on total-multi-server is R1AB013
> New Topic
> Reply
< Esato Forum Index > Sony Ericsson / Sony > UMTS / 3G > New Firmware for Z800 / V800 on total-multi-server is R1AB013 Bookmark topic
Page <  123 ... 10, 111213>

sapporobaby Posts: > 500

Quote:
On 2005-08-14 22:52:27, night_66 wrote:
Dear sapporobaby

I called SE Coustmer Service in Sweden last friday 12th augest , they told me there is NO NEW firmeware to Z800 than R1Y005 !!!!

They said R1Y005 is very stable firmware, but maybe they will have a new verision with small fixes regarding bluetooth usage in Z800 in very new future .. (no date yet for launching it).

When i told them about the newer version in TMS and Davinci .. they said its just third part firmwares and they dont recommend me to use it cause if i do anything wrong .. everything well go to hell and my phone could be useless .

Regarding the option i discovered , when u choose between 3G + GSM or only GSM .. this was DISABLED in my Z800 when i bought it ... its just came lately when i unbranded it.

I think cause *Tre* Three operator in Sweden is not a GSM oeprator, its just a 3G + GSM operator, they even sell only 3G phones !! no GSM phones at all and no one with normal GSM phone can use thier SIM card in thier phones !! Thatīs why it was DISABLED in my MENUs..

Its cool

[ This Message was edited by: night_66 on 2005-08-14 21:55 ]

[ This Message was edited by: night_66 on 2005-08-14 21:57 ]

Strange that they would say that. Regardless, I have not had any problems at all with R1AB014. The BT still is terrible, but hopefully they fix this soon. Other than that I still love my phone and can see no reason to get a k750i. I can get one for about 250 Euro because of my connections at SE but I love my z800 more. I love the 3G.
--
Posted: 2005-08-15 11:22:03
Edit : Quote

Strider420 Posts: 112

@night_66

I don't think anyone has noticed any differences between R1Y and R1AB at all. That may be why SE hasn't sent it to it's service centers. Why spend the time and effort launching a new firmware that is no different from the last one.
--
Posted: 2005-08-15 15:21:22

Gabster Posts: > 500

There must be some small differences that we may not notice otherwise there would be no need to make it
--
Posted: 2005-08-16 03:03:16

michael the mage Posts: > 500

Actually found that the TMS client is faulty! I used now client 1.79 instead of 1.80, and voila all went well! It was the client that did not finalize the phone!

Now I tested the REAL Z800 with R1AB014 and the bluetooth did not drop once.

So I have to presume for now, the Hardware in the V800 might be crap. At least for now it seems the newer phone has a newer bluetooth chip and does not disconnect using the same fw.

That's all for now!
--
Posted: 2005-08-16 07:01:24

night_66 Posts: 202

@@ sapporobaby

I agree with you ... i love my Z800 now more than any time .. its working well and have everything i want .. K750 is good phone too but no difference just the 2 MP camera . .. and the form ..

Z800 has 1.3 MP camera .. and its a 3G phone .. faster GPRS + Video Telephony ..
--
Posted: 2005-08-16 19:15:45

dlewis1340 Posts: 34

michael

Interesting news that the z800i did not appear to drop Bluetooth connection.

Can you list what devices you tried the z800 with?

Any chance you could test it on a ford mobile ease car kit for me? I'd owe you one.

--
Posted: 2005-08-19 23:03:13

DIFference Posts: 41

I called Sony Ericsson Call Center last friday and they said that a new firware was out a few days ago, the new one after R1Y.

I have found a thing with JPEG pictures, that the quality is quite bad, haven't you? I dont mwan pictures taken with the camera. I mean pictures trasfered to the fone though wap och cable from a computer. If i convert the jpeg to png on my computer it looks fine in the phone, but the jpeg doesn't. Some people i have spoken too says that the newest firmware fixes this issue, i really hope so. have any of you seen this issue?

PS. A tip:

I think that the external display on the Z800i is to bright by default. but found nowhere to change it. If you go to the service info (by pressing *>*
DS.
--
Posted: 2005-09-07 00:29:38

Quote:
On 2005-09-07 00:29:38, DIFference wrote:
I called Sony Ericsson Call Center last friday and they said that a new firware was out a few days ago, the new one after R1Y.

I have found a thing with JPEG pictures, that the quality is quite bad, haven't you? I dont mwan pictures taken with the camera. I mean pictures trasfered to the fone though wap och cable from a computer. If i convert the jpeg to png on my computer it looks fine in the phone, but the jpeg doesn't. Some people i have spoken too says that the newest firmware fixes this issue, i really hope so. have any of you seen this issue?

PS. A tip:

I think that the external display on the Z800i is to bright by default. but found nowhere to change it. If you go to the service info (by pressing *>*
DS.

What are you talking about? WHAT 'new' fw? We have already R1AB014 and that one for almost 2 MONTH !!!

So what is the fw YOU are talking about?

--
Posted: 2005-09-07 03:37:52

And by the way, I did reflash the Z800 with Davinci now and must say, their fw is DIFFERENT !!! Same R1AB014 BUT they do have the PLAYNOW icon on desktop and another SE link (which is carp!!!) in the 'picture' folder.

However, with Davinci one can select the CDA during the flash which is a BIG advantage!!! So one can have a CDA that will be accepted via SEUS too!!!

And now, btw, the bluetooth drops again.... ;-(
--
Posted: 2005-09-07 03:45:24

DIFference Posts: 41

Quote:
On 2005-09-07 03:37:52, michael the mage wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-09-07 00:29:38, DIFference wrote:

PS. A tip:

DS.

What are you talking about? WHAT 'new' fw? We have already R1AB014 and that one for almost 2 MONTH !!!

So what is the fw YOU are talking about?

The firmware you have did not go official until about a week ago. That is what they said at Sony Ericsson Call Center.

Btw: I have tried to update the firmware thorugh SE update service. But the client says that it doesn't work. How should i do? Can i do it with the USB cable only? If so, how?

Exactly WHAT does the FLASHING do?
--
Posted: 2005-09-07 09:34:23
Page <  123 ... 10, 111213>

New Topic   Reply
Forum Index

Esato home